Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] OP t1_jch8m0j wrote

Sharp Objects is one of those rare “better than the source material” adaptation

It was a good book, but the show was great.

ingloriousbaxter3 t1_jcie7fj wrote

Same with Gone Girl by the same author.

Great books, better shows

[deleted] OP t1_jcieo3u wrote

Dark Places was the only adaptation of her work that was a miss

ingloriousbaxter3 t1_jcifoeu wrote

I forgot about that one. It was pretty bad. I enjoyed that book but it was probably my least favorite. And the premise is so outlandish that it really only works as a book.

[deleted] OP t1_jcigtma wrote

I wonder why she hasn’t written anything else

[deleted] OP t1_jchbhdc wrote

[removed]

catlaxative t1_jchlueg wrote

Upvoted, because we can all have opinions! I disagree with you I was transfixed every frame, I felt loss when it was over

adairks t1_jchl0gl wrote

Agree. I loved the show overall and watched it all the way thru, but there were so many unnecessary scenes that just prolonged everything.

Mentoman72 t1_jci6dax wrote

I rewatched it recently and knowing how it ended I felt it could have been an episode shorter, but I kind of like the slow nature of it. The atmosphere of that show is so uncomfortable and they kind of make you stew in it. I can feel the humid air when I watch that show.

cssgtr t1_jci1teo wrote

TD2 gets too much hate. It had a great cast and soundtrack. The story was obviously convoluted, but if it was more like an Epstein island situation where all the upper echelon of society was involved, it might have been more captivating than some local politician and blackmail.

Tubie123 t1_jcik8ac wrote

Sharp Objects is one of those shows I put on my watchlist but forgot about until just this moment lol So thanks for the reminder.

Apprehensive_Rip8990 t1_jch7eyu wrote

Oo I was so disappointed with td s2.

−1

[deleted] OP t1_jchbm5i wrote

[removed]

−2