Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

thekillercook t1_iu6bxce wrote

If there is no Greco-Roman wrestling I will be very disappointed

Fu-Man-Chewbacca t1_iu6lkh1 wrote

“Greco? 👈 Roman?👉 scoffs

“You’ve clearly never spent time in an English boarding school.”

Macluawn t1_iu7wax9 wrote

When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider... with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.

MarvelsGrantMan136 OP t1_iu6a3vj wrote

Details:

>Titled Vision Quest, the potential series, which is opening a writers room next week, will be about The Vision (Bettany) trying to regain his memory and humanity, I hear. While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

>Like with the other WandaVision spinoff, the greenlighted series Agatha: House of Harkness headlined by Kathryn Hahn, Vision Quest is overseen by WandaVision creator, writer and executive producer Jac Schaeffer.

supes1 t1_iu6ekzz wrote

> While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

If they did a Vision series without Wanda appearing it would be such a waste. Not saying she needs to be a main character, but she needs to at least appear given how pivotal she was in Vision's development.

Kalse1229 t1_iu6juut wrote

Pretty much. Could also explain what happened to her at the end of MoM. Personal theory: she's currently an amnesiac in some Eastern European village like in the comics, which ties into Vision searching to regain his memories. That's just me though.

MulciberTenebras t1_iu6qj8f wrote

>some Eastern European village

Latveria

clain4671 t1_iu7npf8 wrote

could also use this to backdoor in the magneto connection

Watson8555 t1_iuacts5 wrote

They retconned that in the comics so I doubt we will get that in the MCU sadly

clain4671 t1_iuaen2f wrote

They are starting to walk that back, besides that retcon really was only introduced because of the MCU and marvel trying to slowly kill off any comics they didn't own the movie rights to, this was the same era when they tried to make inhumans the new mutants

Watson8555 t1_iuagxfi wrote

I’m not that up to date on the comics right now, how have they been starting to walk that back. I like to hear that tho and it was a shame they retconned it to begin with basically just because they didn’t have the rights to the X-men

clain4671 t1_iualph5 wrote

Basically they did an event that sort of made Wanda on better terms with mutantkind, and as for magneto, he specifically has had some scenes that indicate that relationship has rewarmed and that while they didn't explicitly walk back paternity, he does still consider her his daughter somewhat

Watson8555 t1_iuawcre wrote

I definitely hope we get that in the MCU, I’ll be mad disappointed if Wanda isn’t around anymore when magneto pops up or if she’s become more of a supporting character. That is a great and interesting relationship and it would be nice to see on screen, they really never should’ve retconned that shit to begin with.

coldfu t1_iu9dn0w wrote

So the accent is coming back?

Exevioth t1_iu8kzb9 wrote

But how TF would anyone survive an entire stone tower coming down on them? She’s human and made no effort to protect herself.

If she shows up I think it would make the most sense to mirror WandaVision where V thinks he sees Wanda, but it could just be an internal struggle of who he is vs who he could have been, while searching for her/being led by visions of her.

Express-Remove4115 t1_iu8lmes wrote

She used her powers before the collapse, indicated by the red light. She evidently teleported away.

Exevioth t1_iu8xobo wrote

I’d honestly have to go back and rewatch it then. I’m willing to admit being wrong, I thought it was a silly way to get rid of a character anyways.

aw-un t1_iu9v9sv wrote

My general rule of thumb is always, unless you see the life leave their eyes on screen, the character didn’t die (this is also only partly true in comics)

XAMdG t1_iu6fw1y wrote

She should be the final piece for him to regain his humanity

GOLDEN_GRODD t1_iu6y2ag wrote

I disagree. You are able to say a lot more about humanity than "find your long lost gf to be whole again".

I mean, it's a marvel show, so that will likely be it. But then could say a lot more about him without doing that

Muted-Character-8321 t1_iu96qax wrote

I think because what vision is currently missing is the mindstone and Wanda literally says that she he is part of the mindstone that lives in her.

Trosque97 t1_iu6jcx3 wrote

Given he appeared in her series, technically THEIR series, tis only fair

OniExpress t1_iu6wxxx wrote

>If they did a Vision series without Wanda appearing it would be such a waste.

I agree, but they also didn't have a frame of Vision in the MoM movie, so questionable decisions happen.

MagicTheAlakazam t1_iu8nrzg wrote

Everything about that movie was questionable.

SeanOuttaCompton t1_iu9ifbu wrote

It’s popular to hate on it for whatever reason but as a Sam Raimi fan I was more than happy with that movie- he got to do all his usual bits, he got a Bruce Campbell cameo, if I could have changed anything it would’ve been getting rid of the quippy dialogue and make it feel even less like it’s part of the MCU

Watson8555 t1_iuadcbd wrote

I think most people enjoyed Raimi’s directed and most of the complaints are directed at the writing/script

tregorman t1_iu74m9v wrote

I disagree. I think if they allow him to grow and become a new version of the charecter and hold out a bit it would only make their reunion that much more impactful

Shanahands t1_iuakfhs wrote

I want to see Vision create an android family and wife based on Wanda like he did in that one Vision series. I don't really want to see Wanda pop up in his show until the end.

El_CAP0 t1_iu6kuex wrote

She dead

−4

ObsceneGesture4u t1_iu6r1ly wrote

No body, no death

Moontoya t1_iu6rh9p wrote

They brought him back through her magic and memories

Who's to say there isn't a spark of the good Wanda in white visions head ?

draxlaugh t1_iu70bco wrote

Robo-Wanda who doesn't know she's a robot

Watson8555 t1_iuadlcp wrote

There is a spark of good Wanda in Wanda already now that the darkhold is gone

ImurderREALITY t1_iu7uqnt wrote

Shit, now he’s gonna go all Phoenix Person on everyone when he finds out

ArthurBea t1_iu7t91t wrote

There’s room in that description to do the Vision-makes-an-Android-family plot.

DoIrllyneeda_usrname t1_iu6axdj wrote

Bruh

NoForcedMemes t1_iu6ruhk wrote

Yeah that was about my reaction as well

ZachRyder t1_iu6wutd wrote

"Look under your seat, it's a D+ SHOW!"

skolioban t1_iu8g19a wrote

I'm starting to think that's not their company brand but the grade of their products

AnnastajiaBae t1_iu8j7cj wrote

Me: “Mom can we get a new superhero movie?”

Mom: “We have new superhero movies at home!”

the superhero movies we have at home: All D+ shows that quiz you after every episode and then you have to study for the scantron final before you can watch whatever movie that comes out that combines all the D+ shows.

Oh, and also Venom 2: glad im a gen alpha forniter who laughs at fart jokes and has the attention span of a walnut. Go minions!

CannabisPrime2 t1_iu77hrg wrote

They’re diluting the brand, but maybe they know that after End Game things were heading for a down turn anyway.

TonyKebell t1_iu8ilox wrote

How?

They're comic book characters, comic book characters get comic books about them.

Translating them to TV and Film, they're gonna get shows and movies.

It only matters if the show itself is good or bad.

CommanderL4 t1_iu8p1xe wrote

how many of the shows are actually good.

I would argue most of them are things you watch once and then never go back to again

SyndicalistCPA t1_iu8z1vw wrote

I've thought all of them were entertaining. Not all good, but entertaining enough.

samsaBEAR t1_iu9569o wrote

I've enjoyed them all but none have the same quality as Wandavision, I wish they'd space them out more and let the teams work on the show for a bit longer

Lethal234 t1_iu9yi91 wrote

I’ve enjoyed all of them, and have watched moon knight and WV twice. Besides the point though, I don’t watch most shows more than once 🤷🏽‍♂️

CleverZerg t1_iu9ywgj wrote

So like the movies? There's probably less than 5 mcu movies I've rewatched.

TonyKebell t1_iu91paw wrote

They're all entertaining. None if them have been bad.

Not as memorable as the movies. . Wandavision was pretty sweet.

I enjoyed moon knight.

She hulk is good fun.

Ms marvel was meh.

JackieMortes t1_iu8ad6l wrote

And here I thought they were diluting the brand back in 2017

Curse3242 t1_iu9pxo0 wrote

I was pissed at Phase 4 because they showed important stories and charachters even tho they promised Shows were going to be optional.

This is fine. They're just telling a comic book story that seemingly won't be related to the main movies. So watch it if you want to, you don't have to.

JohnnyAK907 t1_iu6cwcd wrote

Good. Bring him back proper so he can fix Wanda's shit already.
"Wanda, my love, we can just ADOPT!"

Trosque97 t1_iu6jiok wrote

Wouldn't it be cool if Visions Quest revolved around finding both himself and Wanda?

TheGeekVault t1_iu78atu wrote

Everyone is talking about bringing Wanda back but I'd love if they somehow brought back Ultron.

Roguespiffy t1_iu8dyg9 wrote

Considering that coming back stronger is Ultron’s whole schtick, I really want it to happen too. Waste of James Spader is what it was.

HumanOrAlien t1_iu965eh wrote

Why is Ultron treating the Vision poorly?

SnailShells t1_iuaizm4 wrote

Ultron comes back but has to hide until he regains his powers, so he poses as the owner of a regional paper company.

letmepick t1_iu8e54y wrote

Seems like Kang will be the villain for P4 (or is it P5? I lost track after Endgame), so Ultron would be wasted again if they bring him back in Kang's phase. Ultron can be used for multiple phases if done correctly, which they've failed to do so far.

Xjom91 t1_iua66g9 wrote

I genuinely though for a sec that Spader’s voice was gonna come out of white vision

Curse3242 t1_iu9q7g5 wrote

When Endgame ended I really hoped they'd bring the Infinity Saga villians back.

It can honestly happen.

I would love if we don't hear about the Avengers for like 10 years. Then suddenly these Infinity Saga villians return and are beating the hell out of the new heroes... Then plays the classic Avengers : Alan Silvestei... And boom. Here they are.

jez124 t1_iu6b2jb wrote

not too interested in it but good title.Got potential I suppose.

Lots of mcu shows in works it seems.

BlackBoltFan53 t1_iu6huff wrote

Apparently some of what has been announced/rumored will be turned into Specials rather than shows (Nova, Ten Rings, Okoye, etc.)

the_great_ashby t1_iu6lku0 wrote

It makes a shitload more sense then the Agatha stuff.

Deserana12 t1_iu77h21 wrote

5 years ago I thought I’d never get tired of Superhero content, in fact a universe of shows and movies would have been a dream come true. Now I dunno if it’s because the D+ content has been largely underwhelming (to put it kindly) but when I see headlines like this it just makes me think “another one? Can’t we have a break?”

Also whenever D+ releases an episode of a TV show, all it does is show how fucking bad they are at making TV shows. As in the episodes themselves are not fulfilling. There’s nothing too them, they are so surface level.

Loinnird t1_iu87vr2 wrote

You can have a break, just stop watching them. Cancel your subscription if you are too weak-willed to stop watching.

Curse3242 t1_iu9qfy1 wrote

It's definitely because of D+. And mainly because of Disney

They're rushing out Marvel content. It's all been dissapoting

GuyWithLag t1_iu8hfwk wrote

>it just makes me think “another one? Can’t we have a break?”

That's called getting older; time flies faster the more years you have on you...

SPorterBridges t1_iu6cfs2 wrote

Finally! Linda Fiorentino has been gone from the spotlight too long.

stomach t1_iu6m0is wrote

NGL vision is the only tv/film character with a spoken line that has made me cry in some 10 years. i am not a hardcore Marvel fanboy, i do not cry easily in movies or shows. can you guess the line?

GO

StokedforLocust t1_iu6xdch wrote

what is grief

stomach t1_iu6yq60 wrote

if not love persisting

−11

HandLion t1_iu815j0 wrote

Lol after all that buildup you even got the line wrong, it's persevering

stomach t1_iu8s0qw wrote

nah uh it's persisting

−10

HandLion t1_iu8vg13 wrote

Are you trolling? I don't know why you would even try to argue something that's so easy to disprove

stomach t1_iu8vvxq wrote

yeah i got it wrong, calm down it's entirely unimportant

−2

kah43 t1_iu86lrj wrote

My wish list for this show would be to see some other tech characters introduced. Jocasta, Machine Man, the original Human Torch, or Machinesmith would all be welcome.

F00dbAby t1_iu7040v wrote

as someone who has wanted a vision project since literally his first appearance i could cry

while i get some will want wanda i would also be interested if she wasn't involved more focus on him outside his relationship

N3M3S1S75 t1_iu85xfb wrote

A take on visions of the future where you make his android wife look just like Wanda, then we get Viv as a new member of the avengers

bubba9999 t1_iu8rxbc wrote

Mathew Modine finally gets his sequel.

Jeffy29 t1_iu706af wrote

Visionary was already taken?

DrGutz t1_iu7pgza wrote

Literally way too much fucking disney+ shows.

Ambition-Free t1_iu81ham wrote

I gave up when Hawkeye came out.

Enderules3 t1_iua2arn wrote

Hawkeye is actually one of the better ones I think it's my number 2 after Wandavision I think.

MrKevora t1_iu7zpul wrote

Why not just make season 2 of WandaVision?

Jabison113 t1_iu854x7 wrote

Would much prefer a movie

Splinterverse t1_iu8mbu0 wrote

My hope for this is that they limit the episodes to a smaller number or do it as a special, especially since its being done by the Wandavision creators.

I liked parts of Wandavision, but it was just too stretched over the episode count to feel like the count was justified. Some filler and episodes feel like extracts from a larger piece made it harder to watch for me.

Ultimately, every episode should have a beginning, middle, and end even if that end is a minor change to the status quo. This tactic of "Here is an arbitrary end because this should've been a movie/fewer episodes" needs to go.

FEAR_LORD_DUCK t1_iu8rdtn wrote

FINALLY we get vision back. He was dearly missed in MoM.

MeronDC t1_iub9wzk wrote

Eurovision...

blankblond t1_iudkakv wrote

This news has made my weekend. Vision and his “brother” Wonder Man were always my favorite Avengers.

ObiTate t1_iukc1xd wrote

I didn't make sense for Vision to not show up in Doctor Strange 2. Is the hook for the show going to be "See where Vision was when the events of Doctor Strange 2 were happening?"

At this point I've lost faith in Marvel D+ shows. They don't know how to do tv. None of the D+ shows have even come close to the quality of Netflix's Daredevil. Hell, some of the D+ shows don't even match the quality of Iron Fist.

chaoticmessiah t1_iubhavm wrote

This cunt still has a job, despite the texts between himself and Depp wanting to kill, burn and rape the corpse of Amber Heard?

Fuck Disney for giving this enabler a show.

MrLyle t1_iuc53dv wrote

Yeah, they really shit the bed with this one.

opthomas_primal t1_iu72h6x wrote

I think between what's happened in the current main MCU, and then building a multiverse, we may end up with a Rick and Morty family situation

−1

KnotSoSalty t1_iu7ol3u wrote

I like Vision I guess. But what a waste of Paul Bettany’s talents. 8 episodes him rehashing Data B-plots from NTG is a crying shame. One of the best actors working today.

−1

SoulReddit13 t1_iu8i1k7 wrote

Give me a fucking movie you cunts

−1

zakattack799 t1_iu8it3v wrote

Diluting the marvel brand like it’s squash 😭

−1

No_Progress_278 t1_iu8oohi wrote

Next thing you know, they’ll be series of Rocket, Korg, Sif… shiiid, probably even “Do a backflip” guy.

No wonder some are tired of Marvel, they are putting out anything and everything for the purposes of cash grabbing.

−1

Dapaaads t1_iu8s5tx wrote

Yep, I’ve stopped Watching. This phase was pointless and mostly tv shows of side characters that did nothing.

creeative20 t1_iu762t9 wrote

I gotta say, this is a lazy title. Smells of “let’s stick a name on something so we can say it’s in development”.

Furthermore, as an Indigenous person, whose close relatives have gone through their own spiritual vision quests, this is a little tacky to say the least.

−4

horseren0ir t1_iu7y15z wrote

What does a real vision quest involve?

creeative20 t1_iu9c96e wrote

Days of fasting, alone in the woods, there’s ceremonies involved, introspection, pushing your body to the limits. The idea is to intensely clear out your body in order to be open to visits from spirit helper. Ideally walking away with a vision, ‘hallucination’, for what your future could hold. My dad described it as a clarity in understanding one’s life path.

But it also means superheroes I guess.

Whatwhatwhata t1_iu7i1v1 wrote

Bettany is too good of an actor for this shit. Stay away bro.

−6

spaceba11-1 t1_iu6o3ko wrote

As long as it’s not written like she hulk.

−13

anasui1 t1_iu6ighg wrote

MCU Vision is such a downgraded wimp not sure if I'm interested in a show about his weak ass

−20

Zepanda66 t1_iu6kkq3 wrote

The Russo Brothers nerfed him hard after Civil War. They just didn't know what to do with his powers. He was too OP.

Unrellius t1_iu6uhra wrote

Was he ever OP? He never really had any spectacular feats, at least no more than somebody like Thor.

F00dbAby t1_iu708jc wrote

you say like that like thor is not one of the strongest people in the mcu but yes he had huge feats for one his whole body is vibranium, he had an infinity stone in his skull and was able to phase through walls

Unrellius t1_iu72b4z wrote

He's got an impressive powerset but was still incapacitated fairly easily in Infinity War.

Although now that I think about it, he does indeed make everybody in Civil War look like a joke (other than Wanda).

F00dbAby t1_iu73fwf wrote

i mean so did the hulk he lost within 5 minutes so did thor who lost off screen

happybarfday t1_iu6k0ty wrote

Yeah I can't even remember like one scene where he really kicked ass for more than a moment before he got neutralized for the sake of the plot. Maybe during the Civil War airport fight he had a couple moments? But we couldn't even really root for him because it was heros infighting...

−2

Batman_The_Merciless t1_iu6kxtq wrote

He couldn’t even beat Hawkeye in Civil War. Wanda stepped in and held him in place.

Like c’mon, at least let him win A fight