Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WildMajesticUnicorn t1_is1z9kz wrote

I'm intrigued! This sounds very silly which should make it fun to watch.

hazedday t1_is20gap wrote

Why yes I AM gonna watch the love of my life Hermio- cough Emma Watson play pickleball

JohnnyAK907 t1_is21m10 wrote

F'ing WHY? I hated Pickleball in Jr. High gym class, watching Hermione flail around while playing it isn't suddenly going to change my mind.
Did they learn nothing from the relaunched Circus of the Stars crashing and burning?

−24

CedricCSCFL t1_is250ho wrote

The cast of 16 consists of:

Murray Bartlett (The White Lotus),

Max Greenfield (The Neighborhood),

Phil Keoghan (Amazing Race host),

Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-0),

Jaime Camil (Jane the Virgin),

Tig Notaro (Star Trek Discovery),

Paul Scheer (Star Trek: Lower Decks),

Aisha Tyler (Criminal Minds: Evolution),

Luis Guzman (Netflix’s upcoming Wednesday),

June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie),

Jimmie Allen (country music singer),

Dierks Bentley (country music singer),

Kelly Rowland (singer),

Will Ferrell,

Sugar Ray Leonard (former professional boxer),

Emma Watson (Harry Potter franchise vet)

reddig33 t1_is25l6d wrote

Bring back “Battle Of The Network Stars” and be done with it. Just make sure it includes the short shorts and skimpy bathing suits.

Cichlidsaremyjam t1_is29llw wrote

Where the hell did pickleball come from? We joined a new gym a few weeks ago and its all I see all day, every day. The converted a whole basketball court into pickleball. It feels like Ga-Ga ball at Wagstaff.

StudBoi69 t1_is2xpsx wrote

Yes Paul and June, but no Jason Mantzoukas???

SyrioForel t1_is2ym3v wrote

Starting in 2019 the COVID-19 pandemic is thought to have given an extra boost to the growth of the sport as people sought alternatives to indoor activities. In 2021 and 2022 the Sports and Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) officially reported that pickleball had become the fastest growing sport in the United States two years in a row. Over those years the number of players increased almost 40% to 4.8 million players. Some estimates predict there could be as many as 40 million players by the end of the decade.

NBA player LeBron James, retired NFL quarterback Drew Brees and entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk have all made investments in professional pickleball teams, spreading exposure of the sport.

mr_math24 t1_is3l2f3 wrote

Paul Scheer and June Diane Raphael turned their driveway into a pickleball court.

bikemandan t1_is3ldcj wrote

Its a fun game, you should try it (and for the record, Im under 40)

I think its gained popularity because pretty much anyone can play and can be quick to learn. Public courts are generally very welcoming also, can just show up and start playing with whoever is there. I grew up playing tennis (and still do) and I enjoy the casual and social nature of pickleball

Wazzoo1 t1_is3oidk wrote

It was invented in Washington (state) in the 1960s by some bored families on vacation. It's now the official state sport. It was pretty much exclusively associated with retirees until recently.

negaprez t1_is3setx wrote

where is Kevin?!

Budget_Govt_31 t1_is4xhi2 wrote

I’d only ever heard of pickleball from the tv show Ghosts! I never knew it was a real game. I would’ve loved to see Jay (Utkarsh Ambudkar) from Ghosts playing.

nalgene_wilder t1_is5lova wrote

You had me at Tig Notaro and Luis Guzman

bros402 t1_is5nmzx wrote

why are they trying to make Pickle Ball a thing

it was easily the most boring thing they tried to have us do in HS

Skyldt t1_is5obsw wrote

maybe it's just me, but the credits for some of those people don't make a whole lot of sense. isn't Aisha Tyler more known for, say, ARCHER than CRIMINAL MINDS? Paul Scheer, THE LEAGUE? VEEP? Will Ferrell gets...no credit?

Aritche t1_is5w6ki wrote

My guess is CBS influenced the article so they had Aisha and Paul listed for their CBS shows. Then Will Ferrell just so well known as himself I guess?