Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SerDire t1_itklt86 wrote

I fully support any and all war crimes team black will commit in season 2

SofNascimento t1_itlkeeg wrote

War crimes? Why not call it for what it is?

Justice.

RealJohnGillman t1_itn5kay wrote

As I understand it, they intend for Rhaenyra to gradually, over the next few seasons, become what Daenerys became in two episodes.

SofNascimento t1_ito1r26 wrote

All I can ask is: If you are going to take away her restraints, don't take away her intelligence as well.

RealJohnGillman t1_itpb5y8 wrote

As I understand it, it is underestimating regular people that would prove her downfall — one may have noticed that anti-dragon weapons like those of Game of Thrones have not been invented yet in this series? This series would then be the reason that they are invented.

FrostyD7 t1_itqblww wrote

They haven't introduced the weapons yet, but they exist. Likely not many around in areas conquered by Aegon because people with dragons rule those kingdoms, but Dorne had them.

TinyRodgers t1_itnazlk wrote

Yup. Honestly they have their work cut out for them.

GO TEAM BLACK!

joaommx t1_itpsz9y wrote

> Justice.

I'll like to see you say that when all is over.

JayPtl t1_itkr3jg wrote

I will make the same comment after B&C for the Greens.

FerBaide t1_itkxk0d wrote

Let’s just support all war crimes, chaos is a ladda

[deleted] t1_itlf448 wrote

[removed]

JayPtl t1_itlg7rt wrote

Entire war started because Vaghar thought they were finally conquering Dorne. /s

Bad_Mood_Larry t1_itlisrl wrote

The war was started by having a power structure based around a system inheritance where political change and stability is impossible without violent action. Either side's family would have died with Otto and Daemon at the head to secure the inheritance (which they are currently depsite the kneeling and oath swearing to Aegon and Rhaneyra). Viserys chose a weak claimant and everyone is surprised a political member in an advantageous position took control. The problem I always had with the Blacks is they always refused the play the political game and rested on their stale oaths to win the day. Its called a Game of Thrones for a reason swearing oaths is great but anyone with any political sense would have shored up their power through practical means.

RunawayReptar94 t1_itlnnk0 wrote

You're taking my joke comment too seriously lol, obviously their system of government is inherently flawed and many people made mistakes to lead here, I just have read the book and hate the Greens haha

dragonmp93 t1_itmtsq0 wrote

Well, if the show had remained accurate to the books, what we would have got is functionally a rematch of Cersei vs Daenerys, but this time, both have dragons.

dragonmp93 t1_itmte14 wrote

This entire mess would have been avoided if Otto Hightower had told to his daughter to comfort Rhaenyra instead of the King.

markyty04 t1_itn6gsm wrote

no it was started by vicerys and rhynera by trying to usurp the thousand of years of traditions and history of the realm. even aegon the conqueror was not that stupid.

−1