Submitted by brettdavis4 t3_zrc5ek in television

I've always wondered what it would be like to take a tv show like the West Wing and have a version of it on AMC/FX/Streaming Service/Premium cable.

On another note I'd like to see a water down version of Mr. Robot on network television. Ironically, the pilot could be used as the template. It would be a hacker that went around and did good deeds. In the pilot, Elliot alerts the authorities to the bad coffee shop owner.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

staedtler2018 t1_j133sqd wrote

I would love a prestige version of Law & Order that was more gritty like the original seasons, and tried to bring back the 'realism' (it was never realistic, but y'know what I mean).

throwawaylogin2099 t1_j13b83o wrote

Why the hell would you want to see a watered-down version of Mr Robot? I understand wanting to see network stuff upgraded but not the other way around.

otiliorules t1_j13rhtx wrote

That watered down shit makes for great entertainment while I have to do work or clean a room or something. There’s definitely a place for it.

mickeyflinn t1_j14rwyc wrote

> for great entertainment while I have to do work or clean a room or something.

So if you are not going to watch the show, why do you need a watered down version to do that?

−1

otiliorules t1_j14t5g6 wrote

Because if it’s too good of show all I’ll end up doing is watching the show and not get anything done. A procedural adds nice light-hearted ambiance to a room when you’re not in the mood for a podcast or music.

AutoModerator t1_j12qxtt wrote

The 2022 Edition of the r/television Favorite Shows Survey is now open!

You may vote by clicking here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

IgnacioHollowBottom t1_j132iwh wrote

"The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd" with Blair Brown as the mother.

Oh, and "My Talk Show" with Jennifer Bass and her best friend Angela Davenport.

throwawaylogin2099 t1_j13baw1 wrote

I would say "Homicide: Life on the Streets" but they already kind of did that with "The Wire".

quaranTV t1_j16mm8c wrote

The Newsroom is the premium cable version of The West Wing.

yax51 t1_j12s8b1 wrote

Firefly season 2

−1

Fawqueue t1_j13rvbd wrote

I would love to see a prestige TV version of Rings of Power. Rather than the CW offering we got on streaming.

−1

Modern_rocko t1_j1441vx wrote

The one the cost a billion dollars? That one?

Fawqueue t1_j146fuu wrote

That's the one. They must have needed $2B to do it right.

−3