Submitted by TheHadalZone t3_10phcvp in television

It’s the prefect crime comedy in the vein of early Fargo and Tarantino for me. The structure is fresh: it’s not a whodunit but a how-got-caught in each episode. I honestly like it more than Rian Johnson’s Knives Out movies, and I’ve only seen three episodes so far. Anyone here watching it? What are your thoughts?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gmredditt t1_j6kpnn8 wrote

This is the exact show for anyone that laments the modern take on a series, "why does everything have to been a 5 season arc". It's a fun show, it's a good show, and each episode is very self contained.

henry32689 t1_j6kxwej wrote

The third episode with the dog had me dying lol.

dtudeski t1_j6lnm10 wrote

The vet’s reaction to her tasting the wood was fucking hysterical.

birdsofpaper t1_j6lbdy9 wrote

Same! Basically everything Natasha did with that dog in that episode was hilarious. “Fuck you dog!” had me in stitches.

Gloomy_Travel7992 t1_j6kg89j wrote

Really digging it so far! Natasha Lyonne is fabulous. Great guest stars, well written and directed, doesn’t take itself too seriously. A total joy. It’s really nice to pair with The Last of Us, since that show is so heavy, it’s nice to have a lighter show as well.

Also if one of this shows goals is to make people interested in other shows like it, for example Columbo, then it’s been very successful. I’ve been really wanting to start Columbo over the past few days.

StandStillLaddie t1_j6kn2cl wrote

She’s like Columbo. Columba? Awesome show.

MulciberTenebras t1_j6kt814 wrote

She's like Columbo if he took down blue collar criminals instead the usual rich white collar assholes.

ContinuumGuy t1_j6lhn47 wrote

She takes down the occasional rich (or at least famous) asshole as well.

xrbeeelama t1_j6mfwrb wrote

“Just uh, one thing there sir… thats pecan wood in the dogs wound. And the funny thing is, you only use the pecan for the tongues here. Funny how that wound up in the dog, huh?”

Littered2 t1_j6l52jo wrote

So many good cameos too. Adrian Brody is so fun to watch whenever he is on screen, idk what it is about him.

Gloomy_Travel7992 t1_j6l7ast wrote

I’d more consider them guest stars, not cameos, but your point still stands, lots of great folks in this show.

im_a_dick_head t1_j6m1s89 wrote

Damn I thought you said "Adam Brody" and I got really excited...

−2

wednesdayware t1_j6lh325 wrote

“The structure is fresh”… if you didn’t watch TV in the 70’s or early 80’s.

jacks0nX t1_j6mpubv wrote

If something reappears after 40-50 years it is fresh. Fresh doesn't mean entirely new.

CaspianRoach t1_j6mnksf wrote

Most people here weren't alive in the 70's or early 80's.

waveball03 t1_j6kg7m3 wrote

I watched the first episode and really liked it. I’m someone who really only watches Columbo and Murder She Wrote and Matlock so I was nervous but I heard someone say that those shows influenced Poker Face so I gave it a shot. My only gripe with it is that I wished they played down her lie detecting ability a little bit. Of course now that I say that it was interesting watching the killer try to deal with her when he knows that he can’t tell a lie…

Killerman5 t1_j6lnln5 wrote

I’ll just go to bat and say in later episodes she’ll be detecting a lie, but not understand why or any context behind it. Keeps her guessing and looking for clues for a bit.

waveball03 t1_j6mdoqi wrote

Yea so I watched the next episode and yes, her lie detecting does seem to be becoming more nuanced than how they portrayed it in episode 1. Very cool.

DoubleA77 t1_j6kthmx wrote

I really liked the first 4 episodes. Made me realize how much I missed fun episodic content.

SpookyTupperware t1_j6kjzfl wrote

Fargo and Tarantino? Now I have to give a chance.

EfficientPlane t1_j6kv8w3 wrote

Fargo 100%. I seem some Tarantino, but it oozes Fargo and Coen Brothers quirkiness.

−2

DoofusMagnus t1_j6lmsv8 wrote

>it’s not a whodunit but a how-got-caught in each episode

Check out Columbo if you've never seen it, that was its premise as well.

Loved the first episode but I cheaped out and got the version of Peacock with ads so binging stuff is annoying. I’ll get to the other episodes but I loved the back and forth piecing it together and the guests were awesome.

bruddahmacnut t1_j6lwhn3 wrote

Wifey and I love it. We both really love Natasha!

jogoso2014 t1_j6krkep wrote

I saw the first episode and thought it was amazing.

cryptic-fox t1_j6lqcjl wrote

Enjoying it a lot. I’m on episode 4 right now, Rest in Metal🤘🏼

RedditRuleViolator t1_j6nw4ya wrote

I know a show is garbage when someone's thesis is that it's "so fun!"

As Siskel once lamented, the polite three star review will be the death of criticism.

−6

TheHadalZone OP t1_j6ny6n8 wrote

What do you want me to say?

RedditRuleViolator t1_j6nztrx wrote

Don't make a post at all.

−7