Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j8ma9pm wrote

QuintoxPlentox t1_j8mdbvd wrote

Lol k. That's all you got for us?

−15

Jotakave t1_j8me905 wrote

Does it trigger you that much that you have to write this inane comment?

QuintoxPlentox t1_j8mf8x9 wrote

A lot of people didn't want to take COVID seriously and treated it like it was some kind of liberal talking point, some people distrusted the media and didn't want to believe a pandemic could happen in their lifetime. Does this make all of those people giant pieces of shit? Nah, I don't think so. Misguided I think. So no, not triggered. It wasn't about me.

−11

Jotakave t1_j8mjc56 wrote

He was a public figure spewing misinformation. Yes, people who are trying to spread false narratives against science are turds.

QuintoxPlentox t1_j8ngekx wrote

Well sure, but usually when someone says some random celebrity is a giant piece of shit, as opposed to a turd, which is less aggressive and not really where this comment chain started, they're usually talking about sexual assault or something of that nature. It's still bad, but he did fuckin die from it so like... he paid for it I guess? I'm just kinda tired of the reddit hive mind telling itself when it is or isn't okay to hate someone.

Jotakave t1_j8nij21 wrote

I’m not hating. I just think people who have a platform better not use it to harm others or you’ll be considered terrible people. I have no idea what you mean by the differences between pieces of shits and turds. They’re all the same to me.

fomoco94 t1_j8nm80c wrote

> differences between pieces of shits and turds.

Turds are naturally created from shit by the anal sphincter, while pieces of shit could be created from shit by any means. /s

HeywoodPeace t1_j8mgv2d wrote

I just ignored covid. I don't get sick ever (had a cold in 2008, another in 2016), and I knew it would blow over eventually. I don't get vaccinated because I believe it will throw off the balance of my perfect immune system and I'll not only get sick from the vaccine (a little) but I will start catching colds and other things I haven't had in decades. I'm not a dick and I'm not selfish. I'm not trying to intentionally harm anyone else by being a carrier, I just put my own health above others'. It's an individual needs situation, and I do not need help in fighting off infection

−13

Jotakave t1_j8mk8d5 wrote

Your perfect immune system, right. Maybe you’re young now and don’t get sick much. Maybe you never leave your house and that’s why you’ve had two colds in 5 years. You’re being a dick if you’re walking around being a carrier and other people have weak immune systems. My coworker has an immune system disease and she hasn’t done anything social in 3 years because the vaccine doesn’t work as well in a damaged system. So GLAD that you’re ok. For other people they don’t have the luxury to ignore COVID. As a personal note, I’m healthy too and get a cold here and there because I work with little kids. I’d get my flu shot sporadically before. Some years I did. Some years I didn’t. Before COVID I caught a massive bout of flu that left me in bed sweating, with a fever and a splitting headache for 5 days. My immediate family had their flu shots and didn’t get sick in the least. I learned from that lesson. I’d rather have a mild reaction and feel a bit off for a day or two after a shot than to have to endure that again.

chickinflickin t1_j8mmc89 wrote

But, but, gene therapy, govt coercement, chips in jabs.. guess who is the first one to run to the doctors with a mild flu or headache, with their otherwise 'perfect' immune system.

They did their research none the less!

MakingShitAwkward t1_j8mlh9b wrote

If everyone acted in their own self interest then we wouldn't now be somewhat back to normality.

NattySocks t1_j8tutvk wrote

Why wouldn't we be? If the vaccines prevent death in the elderly, without vaccines the curve still would have followed the same curve but with a lot more elderly deaths and a few less young deaths. We'd be about where we are now with or without them.

btw I enjoy downvotes from reddit proper because I've seen what this festering shitpile will upvote