Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stuloch t1_jdt1mjg wrote

There's nothing you can do? You believe that they're selling drugs and you can't think of anything legally that you could do?

HurrySad4253 OP t1_jdt2d6s wrote

Yeah, but I mean, I was the one who took them. To me, that means I'm involved in the whole thing would it not?

L31FY t1_jdt2qrd wrote

You're a victim. Think of how kids at parties take drugs. They don't go to jail. You don't still have drugs. If you buy bad drugs and get harmed the dealer goes down, not you who took the drugs.

drakon_us t1_jdw4y5t wrote

Um. What? This is Dallas, USA. Get a lawyer. Cops will happily charge you for using drugs, and MAYBE go after the club.

Layne205 t1_jdwe1y1 wrote

There's no such crime as having previously used drugs. Not in Texas anyway. I'm not saying they'll be helpful though. Probably speaking through a lawyer is the best advice in here.

drakon_us t1_jdyxpvq wrote

>no such crime as having previously used drugs. Not in Texas anyway

willfully consuming drugs constitutes possession. A confession can negate the need for physical evidence. Follicle testing and receipts can be used to verify the drug and location.

nautilator44 t1_jdwed1e wrote

Then when they're off duty, they'll go to the club as customers.

ScionMattly t1_jdw4mhv wrote

>Yeah, but I mean, I was the one who took them. To me, that means I'm involved in the whole thing would it not?

Ask yourself what the crimes are for drugs.
Posession
Distribution
Influence

Now ask yourself how many of those you currently can be charged with, and how many they can currently be charged with.

Also, isn't anything you signed while intoxicated not legally binding? Am I imagining that?

redditisrtunbyidiots t1_jdte949 wrote

Call the police.

Sword_Thain t1_jdtrmfk wrote

Won't do any good. The club donates to the cops. And / or the girls service them.

A guy I know got hit for 44k at a club in New Orleans. The last thing he says he remembers when they took him in the back room was a Tony Montana mound of coke on a table.

Cops literally laughed at him when he called.

−33

RezzKeepsItReal t1_jdtvrht wrote

Yea, no. That's extortion on a "career-making bust" level.. If the cops laughed, call the fucking FBI. They'd eat that case up.

kzwix t1_jdw90rz wrote

Did they exactly explain all the side effects of the drugs before hand ? Like, say, alteration of judgement ?

If the drugs are legal AND you took them knowing that you could do huge mistakes afterwards, then maybe you deserve what you got charged with.

If not, maybe, just maybe, they have done things they shouldn't have. Also, forbidding your non-intoxicated friend to come and meet you was so they could manipulate you without him protecting you guys. It's 100% a trap you fell in, and there should be ways to make a judge (or better, a jury) recognize that.

Dull-Addition-2436 t1_jdumf0t wrote

It’s not a crime to take or buy drugs, but definitely is to sell them

−12

dewayneestes t1_jduyxoz wrote

Last time I was at a strip club—and it’s been a while—the two guys in front of us got in for free by showing their police badges. In fact the only times I’ve gotten into strip clubs for free was because we were with cops.