Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Half_burnt_skunk t1_jdz2iq9 wrote

It's just reality. There is nothing wrong with bonding with people. We all should embrace those that we gravitate towards.

If there's a chemistry/natural bond, regardless of labels of relationship, you should embrace that natural connection.

One of my favorite people in life (47f) is now my (42m) "lesbian wifey." I'm a straight male, and she is dedicated lesbian. However, we connected and have one of the healthiest relationships. I just purchased 2 acres in Oregon and we are fixing it up together.

There's something raw and natural when you gravitate towards other humans. I adore my lesbian "wifey" more than most people. We both know there's no sexual tension, so we are open and honest with each other about everything! We do Friday party nights, and Sunday pajamas and cuddle movie days. It warms my soul.

GsTSaien t1_jdz5vu4 wrote

That sounds lovely, I am very happy you have that bond; sadly for many of us being flirted with by a stranger does not lead to feelings of safety and bonding :c

Half_burnt_skunk t1_jdz6oy7 wrote

I totally understand. It's not always flirting, though. It could be someone just being genuine.

BeneficialName9863 t1_jdzkcwj wrote

One of my best friends is a lesbian, I fell for her before I knew but now i do, I don't feel rejected. What stays with me is that she was that lovely a person who to me without wanting anything from me.

I've got straight female friends where we have zero sexual tension too though, seeing them naked would be like walking in on my sister or cousin. That connection is definitely separate from sex to me, I've always been dragged away from a party or event by someone I just met because I was too dense to get the hint rather than relationships.