Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixphyur wrote

A little, but I probably have only iced it for like 30 minutes since it happened. I just hope it looks better than it does now when I go into work tomorrow

Kewkky t1_ixpqqfe wrote

Sadly, that's not how injuries work.

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixpqvpw wrote

When do you think it'll start looking better? Do you think it'll be worse in the morning?

TheLaGrangianMethod t1_ixprcia wrote

Yup.

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixprgbg wrote

Like just the swelling or the bruising too? I was hoping all the bruising would at least have the decency to stay contained to my eyelid, but I'm worried it'll spread below my eye. What do you think?

SLAVA_STRANA541 t1_ixps3xs wrote

It’s gonna get a tad worse before it gets better, just tell everyone at work you walked into a door as your new boyfriend sits in a dark corner slowly nodding his head

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixpsdyp wrote

Haha, not in any relationship right now. I can't imagine having a black eye is going to help my chances either lol

TheReinsofFullnight t1_ixqn8nk wrote

Dude that thing is going to go through the rainbow before it gets better.

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixqnerv wrote

Well, I've already seen blue, red, and purple. When do you think I'll see orange, yellow, and green?

TheReinsofFullnight t1_ixqtd8h wrote

No I mean your eye will be green/blue/purple/gross yellow brown etc. if you’re seeing those colors you might need a doctor? Lol

Kewkky t1_ixprjid wrote

I had a face injury last year on November. It kept swelling and generally sucked for like 2-3 days, then stayed swelled for like almost 2 weeks, and finally started noticeably going down.

Maybe yours isn't as bad as mine, but it'll definitely still be very swollen tomorrow.

flaskextinguisher OP t1_ixprvil wrote

How bad did yours look compared to mine? And how long did it last for?

anonymois1111111 t1_ixqc9s3 wrote

I fell on my face waking my dog and it looked bad for a couple of weeks. Got really swollen. I bought an eye patch so I could go to work without people staring. Got to listen to lots of pirate jokes. Lol. Maybe you could try that?

tmccrn t1_ixrxivh wrote

About two weeks, you should be down to a nice sickly green color that can be covered with makeup