Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ireallyamthisshallow t1_ixexbp0 wrote

It's Amazon. You can 100% cancel it if it has not been delivered. You can chat to customer services if not. L can refuse the delivery. There's lots of options here.

The only odd thing here is telling L she can keep them instead of any inconvenience. Or that you'd keep it a secret. Both them things sound 100% dodgy and if your wife found out she'd surely assume the worst.

Firstdayonreddit123 t1_ixexl2y wrote

I appreciate the comment and I will try customer service.

Me and my wife's friend both tried to cancel it via the app but it just comes up saying order already dispatched, need to contact merchant.

Ireallyamthisshallow t1_ixexuj3 wrote

Amazon can definitely cancel that - especially if the merchant is not contactable. Though if you bought the item it would be you needing to contact them I would assume. But, as I say, L always has the option of refusing the delivery anyway.

DarkAthena t1_ixeyc27 wrote

Yeah Amazon will cancel it. Hit up their chat and explain the situation.

MonstahButtonz t1_ixey73l wrote

This. All of this. It's an honest mistake. Anyone else would've just said "ah shit", had it canceled, laughed with the wife about it, and bought her some things from her list.

Or, alternatively, you could get her things for her birthday without her having to provide a list. There's nothing you know she likes that you could get for her without her asking for it?