Submitted by Junior-Ranger6861 t3_10mzqbs in tifu

My gran remembers tasting pizza only once in her life and she did not particularly like it so she never tried it again. She sees it as one of those things that are for the younger generation. She prefers food that she is used to eating.

Since it's her birthday week, I took a few days off work to spend some time with her and my little brother and to also plan a small tea party for her and her friends. I wasn't able to visit during Christmas time due to work so I want to spoil her.

Yesterday, I was getting a few items for the tea party this Sunday and I decided to buy her a pizza for dinner just to surprise her and see how she would react. She wasn't really sure about it and kept asking why they would put pineapples on it but she tried it anyway just to humour me.

I pretended not to notice how she looked like she was enjoying it while she was eating. I asked her what she thought and she said that it was okay. She looked like she enjoyed it better than that but I thought oh well maybe it's not really her thing.

In the middle of the night, I was woken up by some noise coming from the kitchen so I went to investigate. Imagine my surprise when I caught my gran snacking on the leftover pizza with a cup of tea.

We both laughed and she admitted that she really liked the taste. We stayed up for a bit chatting like old times. She knocked on my room early in the morning the next day to tell me that she was wondering if it was okay to make the sandwiches for her tea party using the 'pizza bread' instead of normal bread to impress her friends.

I of course agreed and pretended that it was an actual thing because my gran never asks for anything, I would give her the world if I could but my brother and I have absolutely no idea how we will make sandwiches made out of pizza.

TL:DR Tifu by buying my grandma a pizza and now she feels like her life is just beginning.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ihaveaquesttoattend t1_j6647i4 wrote

A pizza is a sandwich

Just fold two pieces together and boom

TuckerCarlsonsOhface t1_j667hlb wrote

TIL a calzone is a sandwich

ihaveaquesttoattend t1_j667mkb wrote

Idk i feel like a sandwich should have at least two pieces of bread

Edit: i forgot about open face sandwiches

Everything is a sandwich

BoringCrow3742 t1_j670s9u wrote

not everything is a sandwich.

some things are smoothies.

AcrobaticSource3 t1_j66mxmt wrote

> one of those things that are for the younger generation

What? Pizza has existed for centuries. What were the toppings, avocado toast and Tide pods?

Borsti17 t1_j67p0qk wrote

Both would be vastly superiour to pineapple.

goosebittentwiceshy t1_j66nvyc wrote

One of these days when she’s gone you won’t think this is an FU at all. What a great memory!

MDSalien t1_j676uib wrote

Some pizza places make garlic bread that’s essentially their pizza dough without any sauce, (usually garlic, oil & Parmesan), you could use that as bread to build a sandwich…I’m thinking prosciutto, cheese (maybe goat), arugula and fig jam or honey but I don’t know what your grandma is into. You could just put two pizzas together and make some sort of sandwich but I’m not sure it will give ‘tea party’ vibes, but you could have other sandwich options as well even if it’s just for the aesthetic

PurelyThrowawayHello t1_j6715oq wrote

"Her life is just beginning" might be going a bit overboard LOL but happy for you and your gran

r-r-l t1_j6652oe wrote

Calzone!

TheSarcasmChasm t1_j668hbm wrote

Put one pie face down on top of another and use a pizza cutter to slice like tea sandwiches. Or cut separately and stack. Easy peazy cotton squeezy

KRed75 t1_j67gl05 wrote

Here's the deal with picky eaters. She'll never like any pizza other than the pizza you bought her that one time.

Vitamin_Sweet_Tea t1_j67wc10 wrote

Pizza dough isn't hard, and there's lots of recipes that only take 15 minutes.

I would cut it using a large glass and make circular calzones with a few different fillings (I'd do cheddar with ham, and pimento cheese, plus a few that are cinnamon sugar). Seal the edges with a fork. It just looks nicer.

pooplingpo t1_j69dtdk wrote

It makes a heavier, thicker sandwich in my experience. Pairs well with noticable flavors and textures - goat cheese I think works well, traditional BLT can work well, avocado. But the pizza bread can turn out pretty thick, so make sure you have enough filling inside to balance that out.

SpiritTalker t1_j6a8wgl wrote

Our local pizza shop sells a "doagie" which is pizza crust on the bottom (round, whole pie, baked), then layers on all hoagie ingredients (meat, cheese, lettuce, mayo, tomato, etc), then puts another pizza shell (already baked) on top. It's cut into triangles like a traditional pizza. So basically, a hoagie but with pizza crust, in the size & shape as a whole pizza. It's pretty cool.

NorthImpossible8906 t1_j66aw1r wrote

found the fuck up:

"put pineapples on it"

−8

EmphasisFinal t1_j66sm9b wrote

Step 1) go to dominos.com

Step 2) order a pan pizza with ranch sauce, extra cheese, pineapple, and bacon...Heck add chicken to it if you really feel like splurging!

Step 3) accept that I was right, pineapple definitely belongs on a pizza

Step 4) come back here and apologize to the rest of us for being such a pizza snob

NorthImpossible8906 t1_j66yxy4 wrote

> a pizza snob

well, if it is on a domino's piece of cardboard with ketchup, then I suppose some pineapple would improve it.

Bicemandude t1_j6a04tg wrote

I absolutely HATE pineapple or any other fruit for that matter in my food, but I also don't particularly enjoy desserts and would much rather have some extra bites of food.
To me sweet tasting things do not belong in food if they're noticeable, so in my world pineapple does definitely not belong on pizza or any other food.

I will however concede that it's completely okay that other people enjoy it, hell it's fantastic that people enjoy different things otherwise we'd never have any new ideas pop up!

RavenMarvel t1_j67lltb wrote

I like pineapple jalapeno pizza, but Domino's doesn't make pizza from what I've noticed. ☠️

Issa joke...sorta..😮‍💨