Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jimothy_McGowan t1_iuhho5c wrote

Exactly. One of my friends told me the story of when someone robbed his car. Smashed a window, stole a set of golf clubs. They found the bag of clubs and all it's contents in a bush not too long after. Turns out, the thief realized he didn't want them, once he'd realized what he'd taken

Ouchyhurthurt t1_iui9iyz wrote

Thats basically how i found my schoolbooks one time. I was already intoxicated and walking home when I noticed my car had been broken into and my schoolbag stolen. I decided, “fuck it, lets go ask some of the homeless folks around if they saw anything” after talking to about 10 people or so, this nice dude pointed me to a trashcan where he saw a dude dump a backpack. Muh books!

skellyton3 t1_iuis2hn wrote

One time a friend of mine had their car broken into. They had a fully foiled modern infect deck for the game Magic the Gathering that was taken.

They found the deck in the bushes near his house, his laptop was MIA.

He didn't really care about the laptop, the deck was worth thousands of dollars.

Jahobes t1_iuj10fc wrote

Reminds me of the time some homeless people broke into my car and stole 3 dollars in quarters when my $500 Microsoft textbook was in open view in the back seat. You could sell one of those for basically full price on eBay or Craigslist.

ardranor t1_iujugzx wrote

Yep, name of the game for these kinds of thefts is quick turn around. It needs to either be cash or something that can be traded for cash.

drekwithoutpolitics t1_iuka4am wrote

Reminds me of a kid whose car got broken into in college. Thief left the change but stole his pen. Lol

RunningRunnerRun t1_iuhqa6p wrote

Yeah. I had my window broken and the thief didn’t take anything. I even had a one dollar bill in a compartment that they opened, but I guess that wasn’t enough to bother taking.

Aelok t1_iuhr6fc wrote

I wouldn't touch a $1 bill in a strangers car. Too many stripper cracks and cocaine boogers on singles.

crabmuncher t1_iui8715 wrote

Probably checked the pockets of the bag for change.

Jimothy_McGowan t1_iuir4aw wrote

That's what we thought too, but apparently the thief left his watch in there too. This isn't a super nice watch or anything, but it looks nice and it's a free watch. Personally, I've always been curious if he even bothered checking

St3phiroth t1_iujta7v wrote

I had my car window smashed in a parking garage in Vancouver, BC. They didn't take any of the US cash or change, or the sentimental piece of art in the trunk. But they did take some backup diabetes meds and thyroid meds. Jokes on them if they took them hoping for a high.