Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ExiledToTerminus t1_iy9cs0k wrote

"Get me! I'm giving out wings!"

zed857 t1_iy9fjf4 wrote

I think he was one of the few characters that was actually doing better in the world where Jimmy Stewart hadn't been born.

iamjack t1_iy9pa3m wrote

Maybe financially, but he was a more callous person and his bar was more seedy gin joint than neighborhood pub.

ultrapoo t1_iy9sncg wrote

Selling alcohol is easier when people are miserable

David_Umstattd t1_iya4q3p wrote

Financially speaking in a world of depression and depravity a bar tender would be doing better than in one of wholesomeness and quiet.

Though notice while Nick is better off financially he is absolutely not happier in the alternate dimension.

RadomirPutnik t1_iya6sa7 wrote

Proud owner of a thriving bar, versus stuck working for some garlic-eater who gives away half the bar at the drop of a hat and can't stop refusing customers. What's more, he knew it from a vision he had as a a child. That's why he cut a hole in the icy pond and switched Mr. Gower's pills. Anything to screw up the timeline. He was also tapping Violet Bick.

David_Umstattd t1_iya4r5q wrote

Financially speaking in a world of depression and depravity a bar tender would be doing better than in one of wholesomeness and quiet.

Though notice while Nick is better off financially he is absolutely not happier in the alternate dimension.

AgoraiosBum t1_iye3rr8 wrote

Potterville slaps and looks like a great place to visit for a good time