Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Raeandray t1_ixza8lz wrote

Looking into it further, it looks like the "back wall" is a bit of a preference. Some compound bows have it, others don't. Regardless I've hunted with a compound bow since I was strong enough to pull back the legal weight limit and had no idea this was a thing. Thanks for the info!

Hammer_Thrower t1_ixzx6vf wrote

There's always a wall, otherwise you could just keep pulling. It is when the cams are fully extended and you're actually pulling against the arms. What is adjustable is where a shooter's favored draw point is relative to the wall.

randomLOUDcommercial t1_ixzycir wrote

I mean there are hard walls and soft walls that may be the “preference” you are thinking of? But that is dependent on the bow not the archers (2 archers with the same compound couldn’t have a hard and soft wall). Draw length is adjustable (with in a range) on compounds but is based off your anchor.

Tension releases have a mechanism to “feel” the change in back tension as you squeeze your shoulders together when anchored. (Think of holding a pen skinny ways in between your shoulder blades). That motion creates tension which rotates your hand slightly and that is what causes the release to fire. Otherwise it would release as the archer was drawing due to the physics behind a compound making the heaviest part the initial pull.

mkultra50000 t1_iy3vopd wrote

Turns out just awareness of back tension releases are the only actual surprise.

DonutCola t1_iy0k0xr wrote

Wait do you actually shoot or are you literally learning about archery as you argue? Cause you’re definitely a piece of shit if you just pick fights and then try to figure out why after the fact.

−10

Raeandray t1_iy0vb0r wrote

First, I don't think I've picked a fight with anyone. Second, you seem to have not read the part of my comment where I said:

> I've hunted with a compound bow since I was strong enough to pull back the legal weight limit

Tarnishedcockpit t1_iy0mzvd wrote

i mean, he says he has experience, so doesnt that make you a piece of shit for coming up with some lame ass excuse to diminish his argument just because he didnt know the specific words/science behind it?

Cause if so, then thatd be pretty ironic lol.

shrubs311 t1_iy0yq7s wrote

chill the hell out. they didn't pick a fight, the "worst" thing they did was potentially missing knowledge on something they had experience with but not that specific thing. it's extremely ironic for you to accuse them of being a piece of shit when you're coming in guns blazing

muuus t1_iy0mnz8 wrote

Seriously what the fuck is this guy on about.

He is totally clueless but talks with 100% confidence like he is an expert on the subject.

−3

Raeandray t1_iy0vh9e wrote

The only thing I was unaware of is the "back wall" which I admitted. If I'm "totally clueless" on something else feel free to point it out lol. I've been shooting a compound bow since I was 12, and a practiced with a recurve before that.