Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RoyalAntelope9948 OP t1_ja97ntd wrote

Have them but they aren't really easy on things. Especially when it's a quick trip to the mail box AND not when you're getting older. Thanks much.

WantDastardlyBack t1_ja9blib wrote

I put a pair of those on Crocs and only use that pair of Crocs for outside in the winter They aren't that hard to put on. Easy to slip on and off and after wiping out on ice hidden under a fresh coating of snow in my 40s - as the town sands/salts the center of the road, not the side where pedestrians have to walk - I decided that fall like that would never happen again.

SmoothSlavperator t1_ja9nosl wrote

Buy them a dedicated pair of shoes as a gift. Keep an eye on Muck's website, they have sales all the time. Get a pair of the lower Mucks, put the YakTrax on em and leave em on and put them next to the door so they can just slip em on when they have to go outside.

The thing with expense is that yeah, it might be a few bucks but....Still fuckin' cheaper than copays and deductibles if they take a digger and break their shit.

CriscoCrispy t1_jaaj1au wrote

This is exactly what I have…an old pair of Mucks with Yaktrax spikes that stay on them. Easy to slip on and off every time the dog insists on going out.

realmadrid111 t1_ja9j0ta wrote

I knew a guy who would get a pair of new workboots and take them to the garage and get them studded just like a tire. He worked in VT doing resort laundry pickup service, so he was out on sheer ice all day. Keep a pair by the door... easy on/off!

Historical-Run-1511 t1_jaai3cq wrote

I have a pair of Ice Bugs I only use for walking the dog after snow/freeze. They have 100% kept me on my feet. I like them better than the things you have to put on the shoe because I'm lazy.