Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

limetimerhymer t1_jdvd8ru wrote

Same here. I applied for some admin level position. Did the phone interview where she offered me another position different from the one I applied for, but I would have to work a day on the weekend. I said I would let her know but I am still interested in the original position I applied for. I emailed her back a couple days later after not hearing anything with a follow up and she said the position was filled…but I could still do the other one lol. Seemed kinda shady

R50cent t1_jdvebfn wrote

They just need bodies desperately, and I get why, they're a company that handles kids with special needs and families... but it seems like the sort of thing you'd pay people well to do. I can get a job working in a warehouse somewhere in northern Vermont shlepping boxes or doing data entry for right around the same amount, and I guarantee it doesn't come with half the stresses a Howard center job would. They need to think about that, but I sincerely doubt they will... Again, Burlington companies really seem to be missing some things in regards to the job landscape around them and in other places, and I don't understand why.

CallingAllDemons t1_jdvran2 wrote

They can think about it all they want but if their budget comes from government appropriations then they can't do anything about it so long as funding stays level.

druunavt t1_jdw1n7z wrote

Parents and self advocates have been pushing for the state to increase wages for these employees. The agency doesn’t get to set them. It’s a Medicaid thing. It absolutely sucks; these should be professional level paid positions.

Trajikbpm t1_jdw8je0 wrote

Seems to be the general consensus for everywhere. Apply for a job somewhere thats desperate. Still have to jump thru hoops to get it then they wanna shove you in a position you didn't apply for for a still shit wage.

softcarcass t1_jdwg58l wrote

I also applied to one of their admin positions. Same thing, they trie to get me to do another position that had weekend hours.