Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fabulousfemur t1_iwuq2w4 wrote

Abbot_of_Cucany t1_iwxg2dx wrote

You're correct, I misread the original figures. Even at the proposed new spending level of $78 billion, it's still only twice as much as we spend on beer. And practically invisible compared to the $2–4 trillion cost to taxpayers of the 2017 corporate tax rate cuts.

Zap_Franka t1_iwwxddj wrote

Yep. There is one party of oligarchs...it's a charade of choice.

But by all means,keep finding the military industrial complex!

Fabulousfemur t1_iwxcczl wrote

I'm not smart enough to to know if our military budget is too large. I am concerned about China, Russia, and the middle east. What i would like to see is an audit of how all the money the federal government receives is used. Trim the fat in all programs.

And we need the federal government to budget more like a family budgets; the government should base its budget on income not require income to support its budget.

Zap_Franka t1_iwxez8o wrote

Couldn't agree more! I'm just saying that billions of essentially unaccountable money (so clue where th other poster's paltry 4.5b came from) is just funnelling into what we up until like 6 years ago called the most corrupt nation in Europe.

Pfff...and audit? You mean like an audit of where 1 trillion of similar (defense) money disappeared and right before a certain attack on our country?

Trust me...I'm right there with you. We could have literally fixed homelessness with with our proxy war 'budget’ against Russia. And more.... But even the fake progressives are all pro war. Two sides of the same coin....a false perception of choice.