Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BudsKind802 t1_j5b78no wrote

It's not just Williston. You can thank Louis DeJoy, the orange man for appointing him, and the decades of Republicans in Congress trying to privatize the post office by saddling it with debt. This has been their goal for years and it's now really affecting on the ground deliveries.

newnemo t1_j5bfc3x wrote

Exactly. It is shameful. Don't forget that DeJoy owns a business that would profit considerably from USPS privatization.

The article below was recently published in VT Digger about post office problems although this one is limited to Hinesburg.

Hinesburg residents and officials frustrated by mail delivery delays

https://vtdigger.org/2023/01/17/hinesburg-residents-and-officials-frustrated-by-mail-delivery-delays/

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5busm5 wrote

Dejoy has nothijng to do with nobody applying to work, nor does he have direct involvement in the local and regional management failures to balance the work load and avoid overworking an underemployed workforce.

Down voting for what? Someone who has actually worked in the very office you're talking about tells you what's going on and you don't want to accept it?

−50

OkNotice8600 t1_j5cdxue wrote

Yup. I live north of smuggs….a whole town of twenty something’s who don’t want to work.

−25

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5bu57b wrote

I work for usps and this is so far off base, but not unexpected considering the demographic of this area.. That really has nothing to do with what's happening, especially at the local office level. His changes are logistical, like how the trucks and plants operate and move mail/packages. Those changes are actually legitimate and bringing it up to a more modern standard.

the problems our offices are facing are severe employee shortages and regional management ineptitude, compounded by the increasing Amazon parcel volume.

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5c4tgd wrote

So mothballing sorting machines didn’t effect efficiency?

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5c7rnb wrote

Those machines were slated to be decommissioned before he even was appointed. The media clearly did a good job of painting it all as a conspiracy.

−1

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5cclri wrote

I didn't say anything about DeJoy, I asked about efficiency. I'm about fixing the problem, not assigning blame.

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5cgjhr wrote

As I said, none of those changes to the logistical side of shipping, sorting, and transport affect any efficiency at the local office delivery level. The problem there is lack of staff.

Does your dinner get cooked when you aren't home? No, because there's no one there to cook it. Same reason mail isn't delivered on some routes some days, there no one there to run the route.

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5dpti0 wrote

I didn’t mean to minimize the human aspect. No doubt that is the number one factor.

ZookeepergameOk8231 t1_j5d6zw5 wrote

Agreed. Amazon is completely burying USPS. Have to see it to believe it, volume is truly unbelievable.

OkNotice8600 t1_j5ce8e6 wrote

Reason and facts that don’t agree with the narrative = downvotes. Simple equation friend.

−2

you_give_me_coupon t1_j5dfio0 wrote

> It's not just Williston. You can thank Louis DeJoy, the orange man for appointing him, and the decades of Republicans in Congress trying to privatize the post office by saddling it with debt. This has been their goal for years and it's now really affecting on the ground deliveries.

The Dems definitely fixed all that when they got the legislature and the presidency after orange man, right?

−7

BudsKind802 t1_j5dis0q wrote

DeJoy declined to step down, and there are no other mechanisms to remove him. So keep plucking that chicken

Electrical_Ad_6208 t1_j5cone9 wrote

Still blaming orange man eh. You can’t blame Orange man or slow joe for this. Well maybe you can blame Joe. The issue is no one is working and we are still dealing with a labor shortage. Everything from the truckers driving the mail, the workers sorting, the consumers still buying everything online further stressing the chain

−17

greenmountaingyal t1_j5dq92q wrote

“No one is working” Delusional, party of you? Goodness gracious you are hilarious.