Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5bu57b wrote

Reply to comment by BudsKind802 in Is USPS okay? by WingsOfFireAndCake

I work for usps and this is so far off base, but not unexpected considering the demographic of this area.. That really has nothing to do with what's happening, especially at the local office level. His changes are logistical, like how the trucks and plants operate and move mail/packages. Those changes are actually legitimate and bringing it up to a more modern standard.

the problems our offices are facing are severe employee shortages and regional management ineptitude, compounded by the increasing Amazon parcel volume.

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5c4tgd wrote

So mothballing sorting machines didn’t effect efficiency?

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5c7rnb wrote

Those machines were slated to be decommissioned before he even was appointed. The media clearly did a good job of painting it all as a conspiracy.

−1

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5cclri wrote

I didn't say anything about DeJoy, I asked about efficiency. I'm about fixing the problem, not assigning blame.

sorrycharlie88 t1_j5cgjhr wrote

As I said, none of those changes to the logistical side of shipping, sorting, and transport affect any efficiency at the local office delivery level. The problem there is lack of staff.

Does your dinner get cooked when you aren't home? No, because there's no one there to cook it. Same reason mail isn't delivered on some routes some days, there no one there to run the route.

sound_of_apocalypto t1_j5dpti0 wrote

I didn’t mean to minimize the human aspect. No doubt that is the number one factor.

ZookeepergameOk8231 t1_j5d6zw5 wrote

Agreed. Amazon is completely burying USPS. Have to see it to believe it, volume is truly unbelievable.

OkNotice8600 t1_j5ce8e6 wrote

Reason and facts that don’t agree with the narrative = downvotes. Simple equation friend.

−2