Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_j5ujls9 wrote

yep i voted this down, because you should research places before taking a job there, and that you make moving to another state an issue of race. it's obnoxious and wreaks of troll behavior. congrats to your husband btw! is all of VT racist? I never laughed so hard ever in my life!

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5uq33t wrote

This is apart of the research process. The job starts at the end of august so we are making sure this is the right choice. He also plans to move down before to make sure he likes the job.

However when you have the second whitest state in the USA…it’s not a bad question to ask how far the racism stretches when your demographic is 1.2% people of color. If you wanna downvote, go ahead but this is how people learn the truth about states. From people who actually live there.

He could still decline the role if it was too bad and I don’t think it’s really an issue to ask real people if the racism is like Michigan racism or if it goes deeper since y’all don’t have many black people.

[deleted] OP t1_j5yetnm wrote

2nd whitest state? Where did you get that figure from? https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/opportunity/equality VT IS NUMBER 1 IN EQUALITY! #1!!!

And because lots of white people live there you assume that it’s inherently racist. I’m sorry but saying a white populace is racist is the same as saying all black people love fried chicken. Ignorant and racist too. You’re just making an issue out of nothing. I worked in Killington, and yes there are a lot of privileged whites there, but I never ever witnessed or heard of an act of racism there or anywhere else in VT. Learn how to live with other people instead of assuming they hate you before you even get there.

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5yrzyu wrote

Where did I state that everyone was racist? It’s one of the WHITEST demographics not just “hey we preach equality but never see black people so haven’t put it to the test”

You’re super ignorant to say this isn’t an issue when multiple Vermonters in the comments have already stated what I’ve asked.

No one assumed anyone was going to hate our family. I’ve just read ALOT about how there’s a LACK OF black people and asked how they get treated. Racism exists EVERYWHERE. And Vermont is no exception. I bet you’re one of those people who say “I don’t see color”

I’ve done extensive research and that’s what prompted the question in the first place, is real life black peoples perspective on how they were treated in Vermont.

You sound like a closet racist tbh

−1

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5ys5iv wrote

It’s such an ignorant perspective you have lol have a great day my dude. I’m glad the rest of Vermonters are nothing like you 😂😂

−1

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5uq9dv wrote

Also you wouldn’t understand if you don’t have black children that racism is a HUGE factor in moving your family from a melting pot to a white state.

[deleted] OP t1_j5yd6e7 wrote

Yet another reason to be a responsible adult and research where to get employment. I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist, but honestly I just moved to New England and unless you live under a rock anyone would know it’s the least racist part of the US. Besides I really am annoyed by people who make it an issue when it’s not! Vermont an ambiguously racist state? Really!? Stop manufacturing racism! Get it out of your head and it will stop.

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5yt8dm wrote

My guy, I cannot stress enough that I never said they were ambiguously racist. I just simply asked what type of racism is experienced and if some areas are better then others. And NEWS FLASH: Multiple Vermonters told me to avoid the NEK for that reason. So guess what? I guess y’all do have racism (shocker right) and some Vermonters (not you) were helpful. You’re putting words into my mouth but I never said in my original post that all of Vermont was racist lol 😂 that was your assumption

DifficultyNeither273 t1_j5ytdm5 wrote

And you’re legit acting like we’re already in the state asking about the racism. What is research to you? Cuz by definition this is it. 🤔