Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thesnuggyone t1_j1gisif wrote

I honestly don’t get it. Do these people understand what Nazis were, and not care? Or are they ridiculous idiots who honestly don’t know what they did???

Fascism experiencing a resurgence in recent years hurts my brain. I can’t wrap my head around people preaching this evil.

For god sake, every year of my life from 4th grade on I had a Holocaust unit in school, read the personal accounts, saw the haunting photographs and videos….who makes it through childhood in the USA and winds up thinking they want to be a Nazi??

ThisIsNotAnAlias t1_j1hes4a wrote

If people believe that Sandy Hook victims were 'crisis actors', then you have no chance of making them believe any information that's 80 years old and does not fit their beliefs.

Imo Hollywood is to blame as well: in media, the Nazis were often portrayed as powerful enemies, a force to reckon with, while Nazi crimes against humanity were too shocking to show and only hinted at.

I don't know the exact reason why people identify with Nazis but I'd wager it's the same reason why people identify with storm troopers from Star Wars, an allegory to the SS.

It's deeply upsetting that we seemingly cannot learn the lessons we could learn from so much suffering.