Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dynospectrum7 t1_jegf19j wrote

Green currently has 7/8 min headways. Sometimes service gaps occur. 10 isn’t terrible. Get an app and time your trips.

magredditbu OP t1_jegg3pg wrote

My frustration probably comes from living in other large cities with public trans. Once you have to time your trips, it doesn't really count as functional working transportation for me. It means that for important things, i should not count on public transportation. And it is not like the fare is cheaper than other cities .

−5

thekingoftherodeo t1_jegk6ar wrote

> Once you have to time your trips, it doesn't really count as functional working transportation for me

Sorry what?

OP: total first world problem. WMATA has its issues, but 10 minute headways aren't even on the first page of the list.

magredditbu OP t1_jegw8xk wrote

Definitely first world problems. My point exactly. Is this Washington DC or not? Seems like a lot of arguments here are " it could be worse, you shouldn't expect more" which i don't agree with. Other cities figured this out. DC can do it. DC should do it

−3

BrunettexAmbition t1_jegtqvn wrote

Exactly, the idea that people around here think that 8 or 10 minutes is reasonable almost all other major cities worldwide have figured it out boggles the mind. Hell even with our crumbling infrastructure in the US this is way behind other cities like NYC, Philly, and Boston. I’m so sick of people saying be grateful for the crappy things we have when we’re trailing behind and paying a premium.