Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

KillroysGhost t1_iuvcgir wrote

That’s just the call of the state bird of Washington, D.C.

swampoodler t1_iuvz5bq wrote

They prefer early morning. It’s crisp, quiet, and provides time to prepare for sunrise.

bwood07 t1_iuw0ysu wrote

Oh I thought the state bird was the industrial crane

snowman93 t1_iuw6zdc wrote

We don’t get a state bird, it’s our District Bird.

napsnacks t1_iuvb2s5 wrote

Multiple gunshots near Thomas Circle. My neighbor saw someone firing a gun on the roof of the now vacant Balance Gym building.

69sexterra t1_iuvbyqi wrote

Given the police copter they must've hit someone. 3 am vacant building rooftop meeting in that neighborhood? Sounds like some frank underwood shit.

DonGerrous t1_iuvbeh0 wrote

I assume you mean the one circling over thomas circle right now.

I sleep with my windows open and got jolted awake at like 3:18 to the sound of a series of booms (idk like 5 or 6?). Thought it must be some asshole with fireworks but then like 10 min later I see a bunch of police on the roof of the building across from me with flashlights and now this chopper.

Must have been a gun then? Not sure

10inchPen OP t1_iuvbjy9 wrote

Yeah, I looked out the window and realized it's just one. That's wild though. By what I'm reading, I'm assuming they were gunshots

DonGerrous t1_iuvbql7 wrote

Yes, my window faces toward that balance gym building so makes sense why it was sooooo loud. Sounded like it was coming from in my apartment

88138813 t1_iuw24op wrote

I love DC man... You get both sides of "the crime in this city is completely out of control" along with "why are helicopters trying to find criminals at a time that's inconvenient for me"

rbur70x7 t1_iuwe225 wrote

US Army Rangers flying south to secure Burger Town

OctoberCaddis t1_iuwf8fg wrote

If it hadn’t been for that sentry gun, we could have lost her.

WatercressSuch2440 t1_iuvbslt wrote

At least 12 gunshots I heard and now this helo circling over for at least the last 30 minutes.

videoface t1_iuvba68 wrote

Same here. I can’t find anything in the news.

Throwaway2theplate t1_iuvw6in wrote

I'd like to know when the proliferation of totally unmarked helicopters started in the DMV. They at least used to have tail numbers. Now it's just a dark color scheme with no ID flying at 100 meters all the time.

nothingbutnx t1_iuvbmgz wrote

Same here and they're super loud. Multiple people on Twitter have heard gun shots. But I also heard a lot of helicopter activity around 3-4pm so not sure if that's related

−1