Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hjk3y t1_ixifvm5 wrote

I paid for a month of the Appointment Scanner website (appointmentscanner dot com) which allows you to select three interview locations and then scrapes them for any cancellations. You have to be incredibly quick once you get the text message alerting you to an availability (like, already logged into the appointment website so you can just click on the location and grab it quick). I missed about 15 alerts before being able to actually snag an appointment time. It took me about two days on the app to get an appointment at the Reagan building, and the appointment was for a week after I nabbed it. This was about 6 weeks ago. Good luck!!

AgentOrangina t1_ixipnbh wrote

This is the way. I used the global interview app. Got a virtual appointment. Well worth the $5.

jamesda123 t1_ixiqeh1 wrote

Try Enrollment on Arrival the next time you return to the US. Much easier than getting an appointment. I did it on a trip back from Toronto and it only took me a few minutes.

> Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) is CBP program that allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The EoA program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

Edit: I did my interview in Toronto, but it sounds like it's closed at Dulles.

1986jlt t1_ixiud1c wrote

Tried this at Dulles the other night and it’s closed indefinitely.

ft_wanderer t1_ixl3jk7 wrote

Did someone just tell you that at the airport? This is confusing since the location is listed on the website and they specifically sent an email Sept 1 recommending that I do this to renew my Global entry…

aurora4000 t1_ixj3mju wrote

It has been closed for sometime - I was disappointed by this, closed at Dulles.

Playful-Translator49 t1_ixiqp9a wrote

I got one on same day last week by just sitting at my desk and hitting refresh over and over and over

app_priori t1_ixj03jx wrote

If you are willing to travel, there's a facility in New York City that always has interview slots available. Might be worth turning into a day trip, who knows.

ekkidee t1_ixjzfpp wrote

Newark Liberty Airport as well.

CriticalStrawberry t1_ixj4yr5 wrote

My wife, FIL, and MIL have all gotten appointments within a month or so of applying. They checked late at night and early in the morning regularly and there was always a handful of cancellations that popped up within a week or so of looking. 2 of them went to Dulles, other went to BWI.

Susurrus03 t1_ixk411p wrote

When I did it back in 2019 I couldn't find anywhere so just walked into the one in the Reagan building on 14th and had no issues. Only one other person there and they were actively being helped.

sabarlah t1_ixkjlq1 wrote

Not sure if this will work in post-Covid era.

ekkidee t1_ixjzd5j wrote

I recently snagged one for late December, at 6pm no less! No idea why there are such few slots I'd just keep trolling the website until something comes up.

dwarfgourami t1_ixke1kw wrote

After a day or so of refreshing globalentrynow.com earlier this month, I snagged a slot at the DC location in early January. You just have to be a combination of lucky and fast. Also, fwiw it seems like the Baltimore location has open appointments more often than DC and Dulles, but I’m not sure how convenient it is.

sabarlah t1_ixkjouc wrote

Just check the website daily. An appointment will open up.

NPRjunkieDC t1_ixkstqj wrote

How long after applying did you get prompted to make appt ? My husband applied a month ago and never heard back.

ft_wanderer t1_ixl4yb9 wrote

I was just able to book a remote interview over zoom for late December. There were only a couple of times available so I guess they were cancellations…

SwankyBriefs t1_ixmgm90 wrote

Just go to the Reagan building. They take walk-ins.

OverallSafety791 t1_ixiynaf wrote

Nope. I booked mine for the Maine/Canadian border in February. (Fortunately it was a renewal so somehow I got through without a new interview and was able to cancel my unintended vacation).