Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SnakesTancredi t1_j9tzobo wrote

Just speaking of names, I hope Australia names their weapons after their animals. There has gotta be something with the EMU acronym but they have such a variety of deadly creatures that It would be interesting.

That or just make a drone that drops snakes. I dunno get creative with it and shake things up.

dalton10e t1_j9u0pg2 wrote

With the help of the latest shipment of Australian Koalas, the Ukrainian army has been inflicting devastating losses on Russian forces near the front.
Sounds bout right

Vier_Scar t1_j9vrjtd wrote

The koala population has taken a beating with bushfires and logging :( and they're pretty lazy, just sleep and eat most of the day.

Probably better to send the drop bears

TrophyMinority t1_j9vu66p wrote

What in the holy duck is a drop bear?

Vier_Scar t1_j9vw4j1 wrote

Kinda like koalas but their diet includes meat and fruit which is higher in calories so they're much more active. They're still slow and clumsy on ground though, so they wait for prey in trees and then jump from there. Generally stay pretty far from cities though

dalton10e t1_j9wv6p0 wrote

If you're ever visiting Australia you will need to know that drop bears can and will kill you. Particularly tourists.

Brian_Damage t1_j9vkeft wrote

They were gonna sell the EF88/F90 rifle in the US civvie market as the "Atrax", which is the genus name for funnelweb spiders.

BulberFish t1_j9w7c7p wrote

> I hope Australia names their weapons after their animals.

The Loyal Wingman Australia has developed is called the Ghost Bat.

> The species is the only Australian bat that preys on large vertebrates – birds, reptiles and other mammals – which they detect using acute sight and hearing, combined with echolocation, while waiting in ambush at a perch.

Caster-Hammer t1_j9w7gl9 wrote

I was just like "they should send some drones named Drop Bears" but then I was like "fuck it just send some drop bears." Imagine the reactions of the Russians who hadn't even seen indoor plumbing before they stole a Ukrainian home.

SnakesTancredi t1_j9wfb0p wrote

Put ‘em in a little helmet that says “kill ‘em all” and give them tiny cigars. You got a marvel movie right there.