Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

666satanhimself t1_j9z38cx wrote

do you honestly think he will? after watching the BBC documentary it seems like he's an evil little fuck.

−6

CHTanwar t1_j9z3hst wrote

it's true he may have some biases which are wrong. but he is the only capitalist leader we have had in 75 years of independence

666satanhimself t1_j9z9353 wrote

he committed genocide against Muslims. is that what you mean by biases?

−18

technitecho t1_j9zbxuu wrote

Well the point is whatever u feel he isn't going anywhere. It's almost a guarantee that he will win the next elections and can just hope it's by a smaller margin.

The opposition is complete and utter trash.

So we can at best wish that he tries to get away from Russia. India-western relations are at the highest point now than any other point of time since indian independence. It's a good time to strike the hammer and make sure that the US is completely allied with us and doesn't try to fuck around in Pakistan

666satanhimself t1_j9zdb3d wrote

i appreciate the info, but i'm not too sure how aligned the west is with india. enemy of our enemy, yes.

for example, this week there was a bunch of protests from indians in Washington due to legislation being proposed that makes it illegal for people to discriminate against others because of the caste they belong to.

most Americans see the caste system as discrimination/classism (because it is) so it seems like indians who have fled their third world homeland to the US now want to employ the same hate tactics that has turned india into what it is (or has kept it as it is for as long as it has been that way).

i get the impression that indians are entirely unaware of the monster they have running their country.

i should also note that the legislation is proposed by an indian person, to be fair.

−13

technitecho t1_j9zepzv wrote

>illegal for people to discriminate against others because of the caste they belong to

Don't mind them. Castism is horrible. Our freedom fighters actively tried to denounce and stop castism but these fuckers would flee to the west in opportunities for better life and still think they are the kings everywhere. I mean u guys have MTG and Lauren bobert... I am sure u can understand that shitheads exist everywhere.

666satanhimself t1_j9zm6hm wrote

oh yeah for sure. i actually am starting to think that all of these patterns of hypocrisy is God showing us how fucking dumb we are and it's ok to be both socially supportive of everyone without being a commie, and that competition inspires our greatness as one world nation. the lines are bullshit and we draw them for ourselves.

thanks for your input

VeryQuokka t1_ja03qb7 wrote

It's easy to pull demographic polling data for demographic groups, and I see that the majority of Indians in American don't even identify with caste.

Unfortunately, most white people voted for Trump, a man who is explicitly racist and misogynist, among other things. It almost seems like those third world immigrants people might be better integrated into our society that doesn't like discrimination/classism than people who have roots here going back multiple generations.

666satanhimself t1_ja07tsp wrote

i've worked in data science and understand data, i know how polling can work and where it fails. were you not surprised when Trump won? if you say yes it shows the holes in your logic. if you say no then you probably can acknowledge the depths of the shit we have created and the probability that indians are just better at playing the "we are all Gods children" wolf in sheep clothing thing that the rest of "us" ddo

also you're right about the misogyny stuff for sure, he's sickening and there's plenty just like him in the rest of the country but india will never be celebrated for the way they treat women at all.

−3

VeryQuokka t1_ja08q1k wrote

Ah yes, those devious brown people. Certainly not any animus on your end going on!

666satanhimself t1_ja09lgc wrote

? i've worked with plenty of indopak people that were incredible people. my kid is literally african american.

u r dum

konichiwa-minna_san t1_ja2mtbg wrote

The reason why most of those Indians fled their homeland is because they were discriminated against by the govt. for belonging to the "high castes". The constitution of India was authored by a person belonging to the lowest caste. Modi is literally low caste.

What do you even know about India's caste system? And you say you work in data science as well. Yet you cannot even do your own research?

666satanhimself t1_ja32sn5 wrote

> Modi is literally low caste.

The fact that you think castes are a real thing at all shows that you are brainwashed and classist. Hate has no polarity. Your logic is the same as privileged people who think 'pedigree' is a real thing.

konichiwa-minna_san t1_ja36cmo wrote

Still haven't done your research, you dodo? The caste definitions need to exist because only then the govt can provide "reservations" (or affirmative action, as you call it) for the historically underprivileged castes. That is one of the biggest reasons why India cannot get rid of castes. If I said "Obama is black", are you going to call me racist? You insufferable moron. I myself am from a lower caste. And I have benefited from the affirmative action policies due to my caste. Are you going to say we shouldn't have affirmative action? The ones that you saw protesting in WA state are high castes who have lost opportunities because of these affirmative action. Now you are siding with them? Actually I'd too, after seeing how it's unfair to them. But you otoh talking about something you know nothing about, and ending up looking like a clown is pathetic. And then you complain when Indians think you don't deserve our sympathy or support.

roron5567 t1_j9zchyo wrote

and the INC , which is the opposition party was responsible for bringing tanks into the holiest temple in Sikhism in an attempt to arrest a terrorist, and then after the Prime Minister was assassinated by her Sikh guards, the resulting Anti-sikh riots killed 2,800 to 8000 Sikhs.

No one was really found accountable or arrested, as they were the ruling government at the time and stymied attempts to charge culprits. For some reason as well no one considers this to be a genocide. They also blocked films that were critical of them or talked about the riots as well as their role in the emergency.

So yes, when both sides have shit on their hands, it's not too dissimilar.

[deleted] t1_j9zblcr wrote

[deleted]

CHTanwar t1_j9zm9lz wrote

you cannot compare modi and hitler. he hasn't directly killed anyone. obama has killed 100x more muslims than modi has

CHTanwar t1_j9z4hv7 wrote

soviet damage takes time to heal

666satanhimself t1_j9z99uo wrote

actually i think it's more like a compromised computer, hardware level.

−1

TheAbcedarian t1_j9zi32w wrote

He is a turd but he’s a pretty predictable turd and will always resort to the decision that directly benefits the capitalist classes of India without regard to how much damage he does to his (or anybody’s) citizens.

−4