Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

The-Brit t1_j9fswan wrote

Take a deep breath then relax. I grew up with the previous cold war and at times it scared the shit out of me because I was young and inexperienced in the global political way of things.

Now, with a reasonably long life of experience, I see this as sabre rattling and posturing. Believe it or not, things can get a lot scarier but in the end it will eventually blow over.

wired1984 t1_j9hkdr8 wrote

It’s not just about Russia though. There’s a developing coalition of autocratic states supporting each other. We need to take that seriously and develop diplomatic countermeasures

11nerd11 t1_j9gb4tv wrote

They were that close pushing the button in the cold war. What are you on about lol.

You said the very same thing when Russia spent like a month amassing troops at the Ukrainian border, didn't you.

"Just sabre rattling" am I right? A lot of people weee wrong once, wouldn't be surprised if they are wrong again.

Puting is in a position he literally can't back out from, and he was crazy enough to try to invade a souvereign country.

If he actually loses the war completely, don't doubt for a second he will be capable of the worst.

−6

The-Brit t1_j9gqunm wrote

>You said the very same thing when Russia spent like a month amassing troops at the Ukrainian border, didn't you.

Link to where I said that? I call BS, the same as the rest of your comment. Go play with kids your own age.