Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

-wnr- t1_j1lwol8 wrote

The provocation is their own internal issues they're distracting from.

deez_treez t1_j1mbq7z wrote

COVID, no cash, about to become the world's #3 to India...it must suck to be from China right now.

Derek_BH t1_j1nihdt wrote

Becoming #3 to India? What’s your source?

deez_treez t1_j1njowv wrote

Data

−40

Derek_BH t1_j1njqoy wrote

Weak

deez_treez t1_j1nl06f wrote

More trustworthy than anything coming from soon to be #3 China

−27

[deleted] t1_j1nq0gk wrote

either source or watching too much propaganda

deez_treez t1_j1nq5ap wrote

Source: the world trending around you

−25

BioRunner033 t1_j1o7h7i wrote

Yikes, you totally just fabricated that 🤣

Edit: the moron that posted this nonsense is u/deez_treez

deez_treez t1_j1oaoyz wrote

Nah, legit af. I used fake data coming from China!

−1

RedStar9117 t1_j1nw6pe wrote

Yeah they arent doing anything since covid is running rampant through their country

discosoc t1_j1nw0or wrote

The only time it’s ever not sucked to be from china is when you drink nothing but their kool-aid.

undeadermonkey t1_j1o3u83 wrote

Not entirely.

America's a little bit distracted by Russia right now - it may not be the best time to invade, but it's the best time to probe if an invasion is viable.

Yes, there's internal bullshit, but all they have to do is back down until people simmer down, and then disappear a few ring-leaders - fear should bring back the quiet.

KremlinHoosegaffer t1_j1lud6o wrote

Cool. An invasion they can't manage unless they build up troops en masse for long enough for everybody to know.

plipyplop t1_j1m3l8n wrote

The amount of systems for early warning of slow naval vessels and satellite images of scrambled aircraft would be very difficult to not be ready for. I think that the missile defense would be quite an immediate loss of life for the PRC only.

Manofalltrade t1_j1n8jw9 wrote

As long as people don’t try to be in denial about it actually kicking off the way they did when Russia was very clearly loading up for the invasion of Ukraine.

TXTCLA55 t1_j1o562s wrote

Well, no one thought Russia would be stupid enough to actually invade.

Bass_Thumper t1_j1oypkp wrote

Most people don't think China would be stupid enough to try crossing the Taiwan Strait trying to invade a highly fortified island. An amphibious assault like that would dwarf D-Day. But hey, here we are. I personally think they are dumb/desperate enough to try, just like Putin. If they are going to have any chance at success, they need to split the attention of the West by coordinating with Russia, and they know this.

Cinderbrooke t1_j1uw0ij wrote

I don't think anyone is taking Taiwan without a ground invasion. The population has been preparing for China to blow the keg for at least 30 years.

I'm far from an expert on the region, I only lived in Taiwan for 18 months. The general vibe seemed to be "I don't want China to invade, but if they do, we will be ready for them." And this was back in 2014.

Rapiz t1_j1ly6a9 wrote

China would lose and would reunite with Mainisland Taiwan.

iHominidae t1_j1lxgwn wrote

I imagine them yelling “provocation” as they do the drills

CyAScott t1_j1nkgwf wrote

China stop trying to make Taiwan part of China, it’s not going to happen.

aging_geek t1_j1npzah wrote

I've said it before, seeing russia doing the shit up in ukraine, china thinks that things can go ahead under the same umbrella and it's "monkey see, monkey do" mentality. (ed, back pocket boy trump isn't in office anymore to help you two out).

Scat_fiend t1_j1o9r9t wrote

So their excuse is they are wanting to provoke Taiwan?

TsVizier t1_j1n3ujk wrote

US Carrier Group gets into strike position “China says Oh Shit, I shit my pants!”

ahfoo t1_j1ptf9w wrote

Well being in Taiwan, this would be concerning but since it's behind a paywall, I can't see it so. . . life goes on.

J4ck-the-Reap3r t1_j1m1csw wrote

Really? You lot still think this a good idea?

ECK-2188 t1_j1q57g9 wrote

Just optics, want to deflect from their huge Covid infections and death tolls (which are zero from state messaging)

waabishskehmyeengun t1_j1nbe4d wrote

wtf? just do it already enuff of this posturing… send it. we all know sumthin coming when? is the only question…

−7

[deleted] t1_j1lutry wrote

[removed]

−34

SeekerSpock32 t1_j1mgjbk wrote

I don’t care if this is sarcasm or not. You’ve been told to fuck off.

amcclurk21 t1_j1ntpc0 wrote

Not sure why you’re being downvoted to hell, CremeSwimming definitely made an inappropriate statement, deleted it, and is now pretending like they didn’t make the statement. Fucking coward.

Thanks for fighting the good fight, friend.

SeekerSpock32 t1_j1nuur7 wrote

People love to jump on the “you can’t take a joke” bandwagon even though:

1. plenty of times that excuse is used it wasn’t a joke at all (see: Mike Pompeo’s “2nd Trump Administration” line in the lead up to January 6th)

2. they think a joke gives it a free pass because they can always use that excuse and they don’t like that excuse being called out.

Maybe it’s because I have ADHD or maybe it’s because too many times the excuse is used to just get out of being called a dick for making inappropriate statements, but I’ve kind of stopped caring whether people making inappropriate statements are joking or not.

CremeSwimming9047 t1_j1mmhb2 wrote

I can’t gather why. This seems like sarcasm.

−2

SeekerSpock32 t1_j1mmkn1 wrote

Just because it’s sarcasm doesn’t give it a free pass.

−4

CremeSwimming9047 t1_j1mmpeg wrote

So you’re willing to admit you got upset at a joke?

SeekerSpock32 t1_j1mmt38 wrote

Because I’m the first person ever to get upset at a joke. /s

It’s a bad joke and it shouldn’t have been made.

−1

CremeSwimming9047 t1_j1mmyhd wrote

Humour is subjective and yes it looks like 17 people agree with you however I found it funny. If this isn’t a joke the guys a fucktard. And I never said you were I just pointed out you’re getting upset at a (probable) joke