Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

5spd4wd t1_j9nwkv7 wrote

Corelle

Sagacious-T t1_j9nys32 wrote

Agree with this. My parents still have their set of Corelle from when I was a kid. I finally bought my own set last year. They last really well, are light and strong, and replacement pieces can be bought seperately (if you go with plain white)

5spd4wd t1_j9q6e3m wrote

As well as being dishwasher friendly and nearly break-free:

"CORELLE® Dinnerware can be used for serving and re-heating food. CORELLE Dinnerware can be used in microwave and pre-heated conventional ovens up to 350˚ F (176˚ C)."

Corelle® StonewareDinnerware: OneYear Limited Warranty

InstantBrands LLC promises to replace any CORELLE stonewaredinnerware item(plates, bowls, mugs) with a manufacturing defect within ONEyear from date of purchase.

https://www.corelle.com/product-warranties#:~:text=CORELLE%C2%AE%20Dinnerware%20can%20be,and%20stoneware%20mugs%20are%20microwavable.

MissKatmandu t1_j9o4oci wrote

Yep. Parents are still using Corelle 20+ years later and plates look great. From experience growing up, they can take drops and/or hits without shattering most of the time.

5spd4wd t1_j9q5qel wrote

Dishwasher friendly too. They're thin so quite a lot of it can be stacked and stored in cabinets. I like that they don't have raised borders around the plates and saucers, which are annoying and useless.

that_cachorro_life t1_j9sdikh wrote

another perk, they are so light that I can pick 4 of them up from the dishwasher with one hand, each between one finger. My kids go through tons of tiny plates (food can't touch!) so having corelle is a lifesaver.

5spd4wd t1_j9seb7p wrote

I can't remember how long I've had my set but it's been decades. I have the plain Winter Frost pattern. They're so slender that a lot of them can fit in the dishwasher at one time. I wouldn't trade my Corelle for any other kind.

DeedaInSeattle t1_j9ocogh wrote

Corelle are great, I see them often at thrift stores for cheap.

We did a 2 year RV Life adventure, and needed plastic microwave safe dishes. We found some at Target, I think they still sell them, pretty colors and they were like $0.79 each. I think Walmart has them too. Daiso (Japanese Yen store on West coast) also used to have plastic large ramen bowls and wood-look large oval low bowls that we used for salad and burrito bowls. Oil and tomato (acid) based sauces always etch and pit most plastic when heated in the microwave, best to use glass or Corelle for things like that. Silicone is also good in the microwave, we had some collapsible food containers that worked great for the RV in terms of space, bonus is that they are nonslip in the RV fridge!

your_Assholiness t1_j9oyr5j wrote

Corelle is glass but very light , shatter resistant, and available in single pieces at Walmart

Thepressureofaname22 t1_j9r631i wrote

Today’s Corelle is a different formula then the old stuff we grew up with. It’s not AS shatterproof but it’s still an excellent choice. You can buy open stock white Vitrelle single dishes at WalMarts. After I got tired of some fancy square plates I had bought and never used I bought white Corelle and I’m very happy with it. They also having serving bowls and platters. For the price you can’t beat it.