Submitted by hraeswelg t3_11csfqj in Jokes

An SS man says to a Jew in a concentration camp: "You are to be killed today, but I will give you a chance. One of my eyes is a glass eye. If you can guess which one it is, I will give you your life."

The Jew looks at the SS man and says, "The left one, Herr Corporal."

"That is correct. How did you recognize it?"

"Because it looks so human."

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

onairmastering t1_ja59bie wrote

Moishe Goldberg died and somehow ended up before God.

"I have a Holocaust joke for you" says Moishe.

"Ok, tell me"

So Moishe tells the joke.

God says "I don't get it"

"Well, I guess you had to be there"

JollyGreenStone t1_ja601zk wrote

In this unpredictable world it sure is nice knowing the best joke is always in the comments.

smilingasIsay t1_jaa88sj wrote

Ah, not the version I heard. The way I've heard it the guy asks god if he cant tell him a joke and god says, "sure" and then he tells a holocaust joke and god, somewhat miffed goes, "I don't think that's very funny." To which the guy replies, "Oh, I guess you had to be there."

FourteenthCylon t1_ja6bzxc wrote

Here's another joke that was popular during the war:

At 9:30 last night, a Jew in Poland killed an SS officer, cut out his heart and ate it. Why is this story untrue?

For three reasons. An SS officer has no heart, Jews do not eat pork, and at 9:30 at night everyone in Poland is listening to the BBC anyway.

DeWarlock t1_ja7iecp wrote

What was on the BBC at the time?

smartyyy24 t1_ja7pzi7 wrote

Not na expert, but during that time British radio was all prohibited because they obviously where anti-nazi

person1880 t1_ja95d9z wrote

Bomb warnings, resistance reports, news broadcasts, and the allied troop movements that had been made public.

FourteenthCylon t1_jab1k0z wrote

First and foremost, there was accurate (more or less) news of the war. Newspapers in occupied Europe were either banned to conserve paper or were heavily censored by the Germans, who only allowed news of German victories to be published. Radio ownership was forbidden under the occupation, but most people wealthy enough to afford a set were able to keep one hidden, even if it was just a simple homemade crystal receiver. Besides the news there was other programming intended to lift the spirits of people under occupation, including patriotic music and jokes like this one. Radio programs included helpful instructions on how to resist against the occupiers, both passively and through direct action. The BBC also sent coded messages to communicate instructions to resistance groups.

beanman12312 t1_ja6dhbr wrote

I remember reading victor Frankel's book and he told about this artist who survived the holocaust. He saw a funeral and started laughing hysterically, when being asked why he was laughing he replied "all that hooplah over a single corpse". That made me laugh and also feel morbid.

kamuelak t1_ja9rig1 wrote

It's been years since I read that book. Had a very profound effect on me; perhaps it's time to read it again. "Man's Search for Meaning"

Boi_Wunder t1_ja6k1cq wrote

Last time I heard this joke, the Japanese bombed pearl harbour

Chiefcoldbeer1006 t1_ja898ir wrote

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

−25

Mindless-Calendar-20 t1_ja8w3v4 wrote

Obviously not many cinema fans on Reddit today my friend. But don’t give up, nothing is over until we decide it is!!

AdSmooth6771 t1_ja96omk wrote

Am I missing something or do you genuinely think that

Chiefcoldbeer1006 t1_ja9845w wrote

Please watch Animal House with John Belushi. Then you'll appreciate the joke.

missionbeach t1_ja69wsv wrote

It's their sense of humor that sustained them as a people for 3000 years.

RolloutTieDispenser t1_ja6i9ml wrote

And this offends you as a Jewish person?

ZongopBongo t1_ja8pwu9 wrote

Tangentially related, I read Maus II last week (I read 1 back in college). Fantastic books, would highly recommend. They're in graphic novel format so even if you don't like reading you can still enjoy them

heypooley t1_ja7oeag wrote

I find Concentration Camp jokes very offensive!!!!!!

My grandfather died in a Concentration camp!!

He got drunk and fell out of the guard tower!!!!!

Waitsfornoone t1_ja5f0g3 wrote

Did you hear about the Holocaust?

The Jews did Nazi that one coming.

−57

[deleted] t1_ja5v9jm wrote

[deleted]

Bobby_Newpooort t1_ja68ocq wrote

There we go. Knocked off Reddit’s two favorite shitty Nazi puns that come up every single time

Metakit t1_ja69bgr wrote

I'd say "someone had to" but that would be a lie

lachjeff t1_ja6qsik wrote

It would be a lie, but someone was going to