Submitted by Unlikely-Cockroach-6 t3_yifdap in Maine

i’m making a chowder to bring to a work function tomorrow and i’m using my grandmothers recipe. she insists that i need to use knorr vegetable bouillon cubes for it. does anyone know where i can find them?? ive checked hannaford and shaws and nothing. i’m midcoast but honestly will drive anywhere within 1.5 hours at this point lol.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MabusIncarnate t1_iuic7ht wrote

Check the International/Hispanic section, for some reason all of the Knorr bouillon is in that area of my grocer. I'm confident Walmart carries it also.

Lulubelle2021 t1_iuieyxc wrote

It has not been available for some time now. If you find it please post.

2muchyarn t1_iuigbuz wrote

I use Better Than Bullion, they make a vegetable version.

notqwhiteright t1_iuilk2t wrote

if you are on the midcoast you could try Morse's sauerkraut in Warren. They carry tons of European goods.

Tarankhoes t1_iuiql6j wrote

Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base @ hannaford

riefpirate t1_iuj09bm wrote

Omg no give it an upgrade !!! Use better than bullion sooooo much better !!

indyaj t1_iuj16yx wrote

Upvote. It'll make it taste slightly different from the grandmother's recipe but BTB is the best.

That said, /u/Unlikely-Cockroach-6 I think you can get Knorr's veggie bouillon cubes at walmart.

EDIT: Or a container of bouillon powder. Check the soup aisle. Don't forget to look up.

Timely_Guard_4833 t1_iuj3j4m wrote

I’ve been in Texas since 09 and the Kroger by my house always has that in stock.

−2

Competitive-Army2872 t1_iuj6n3n wrote

Just curious… your grandma added the bouillon to the clam juice from steaming them open?

sledbelly t1_iuj76ix wrote

I buy better than boullion vegetable from market basket but they also have the cubes

transmorgrifier t1_iuj8kem wrote

I'm pretty sure that Sam's in Scarborough has Knorr's veggie and chicken bouillon.

WangnanJahad t1_iujb1a6 wrote

Everyone in this thread 100% ingoring gramma's insistence. Any other day of the week it'd be 'Gramma knows best' but when it comes to overly high sodium dehydrated bouillon cubes apparently she doesn't.