Submitted by tuggyforme t3_11e6be4 in Newark

Condo/developments force people to follow by-laws. You have to behave a certain kind of way to have the right to continue living there. It's the perfect way of changing a city.

You can't curse inside your own home loudly or common areas (backyard, patio, hallways), you can't have solar panels, you can't use a fireplace, you can't even do a oil change on your car, you can't smoke, you can't have specific kinds of vehicles or pets, you can't speak freely even in your own home, you have to self-censor yourself, you can't BBQ outside, you can't grow container tomatoes or any other vegetables, you can't play certain types of music, and you CAN get banned/evicted from your OWN HOME that you BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, for behaving a way that the owners/boards don't want you to.

considering that the majority of new construction all over the world is no longer houses, but skyscrapers/condos/developments, it means that humans are losing their rights and freedom every year.

And they are trading MORE of their freedoms and lives to do so. If you live in one of those places, odds are, you spend the majority of your woken time working to pay for it. You are likely saving very little money if any at all. This "free" time you get at your home is the only free time you get at all, and it is no longer free.

It's kind of like forever being stuck as a little child in your daddy's house. You will forever have to listen to him and follow his rules, or you get booted to the streets. Imagine living like that your whole life? Living like a child in a home where you can't actually control your environment or live your life as you please? And by doing that, you wave your right to grow food and be able to provide the basic necessities for yourself. Allowing your entire life to get appropriated by others.

You rely on "daddy" to grow and transport your food, and you rely on "daddies" to cut down your firewood and turn it into gas for heat and stove, you rely on "daddies" to change the oil in your car, and you rely on "daddies" to come fix your plumbing problems or repair your place.

But you are not a child anymore, and these strange men are not YOUR daddy, and don't care about you. So they take massive advantage of you. They charge you illogically exorbitant amounts for rent, food, heat, car repair, and other basic necessities you have been zoned-out of providing for yourself, and you just sit there and cry at the cost of everything, like the little helpless b-tch adult you have become, while whispering to yourself in your lonely lament how "strong" and "independent" you are for trading most of your waking hours and working so hard to pay all these people to baby your dysfunctional self... like a delusional fool.

Go on.... with ya real mature independent ass 😅

Comments