Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GlassesgirlNJ t1_jefgrw2 wrote

Does that include Presidential Heights? I drive thru there on my way home and I've noticed some pretty houses with gardens, artsy string lights, et cetera.

ahtasva t1_jefw2xr wrote

Don’t know where that is. Anywhere within 10~15 min walk to either train station would be a good place to buy IMHO. I personally like lower Broadway in Newark. Charming , mix of architecture, fantastic connectivity. With Vermella closing the gap between the station and the entrance to the neighborhood, only a matter of time before it takes off. 5 years if not less. Anything south of 2nd Ave is worth buying. I see some pretty reasonably priced single and multifamily homes listed for sale still.

GlassesgirlNJ t1_jefy92t wrote

Presidential Heights is by exit 147 on the parkway. There's a really pretty house I see on the corner of Rutledge and N Arlington in EO, maybe?

We live south of 2nd Ave in Newark right now (in a rental), but thanks for the suggestions!

ahtasva t1_jeg5cb3 wrote

I know exactly the neighborhood you are taking about. Drove by there a few times to check out areas close to the Watsessing Ave station. Beautiful place; kinda of car dependent and a bit of a walk to public transit but still a great setting .