Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Doughymidget t1_ja8ucxm wrote

Is this subreddit just turning into r/tvnipples? I’m not saying it’s not old school cool - just wondering.

Bobo4037 t1_ja963wh wrote

She was between 22 and 24 years old when she was on Three’s Company. Prior to that she had been a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Rams, and after Three’s Company she was on Dallas for a few years.

She’s 64 years old now.

warddo1 t1_ja9a5nh wrote

Yea just like the new Mandy on Last man standing

xizrtilhh t1_ja9kkae wrote

It always annoyed me that they never used the cake pans on the wall.

HalfFastTanker t1_ja9m8zh wrote

She started with James Garner in the movie "Tank.". There were two great points about her.

Brundleflyftw t1_ja9phcf wrote

70’s television was awesome. (Even tho this was apparently from early 80’s)

scorpioinheels t1_ja9yni9 wrote

I could only ever identify with the brunette room mates (I sorta knew I’d never be a Chrissy, Terri, or Cindy)...

Funny how I thought Janet was the least attractive of the roomies but I actually love her style!!!

Still, in a world where I could be a Lana or a Janet, I ended up being a cross between Lana and Mrs. Roper.

jonmonjam4 t1_ja9zndd wrote

On the subject of Threes Company, I always thought that Jack and Janet should have hooked up in the shows ending.

groenwat t1_jaa2xet wrote

The original and only acceptable use of the okay hand gesture.

gif

crudedrawer t1_jaa7gkx wrote

Terri was just blonde Janet! I mean looking back the dumb blonde trope was insulting and I totally understand why they moved away from it but they could have done something to differentiate her from Janet personality-wose.

Choppergold t1_jaab4g3 wrote

Suzanne Sommers wanted to be paid the same as a guy and they fired her

newguestuser t1_jaaggx9 wrote

One of the reasons I still always like a gal in a sweater.

OBinthe913 t1_jaaqkrk wrote

I was just a little kid in these days, but when she stepped in, I thought she was the prettiest woman on earth, lol!

Greaser_Dude t1_jaath4t wrote

She was sweet and producers seemed to have decided she wasn't going to be as dumb as Suzanne Sommers because she is supposed to be attending UCLA so they decided she was going to be klutzy. But - she wasn't anywhere near the physical comedian that John Ritter was and so her physical gags didn't really work.

Oh well - she looks great in little sweaters.

Rydog_78 t1_jab39to wrote

Otherwise known as Chrissy’s cousin after Suzanne Summers left the show amidst dispute over pay raise.

ElectricPeterTork t1_jab5lxt wrote

Well, as they proved, you remove Suzanne Sommers, the show goes on just about as popular as it was for another 3 or 4 years.

If they'd removed John Ritter? Probably wouldn't have been 4 more years if they'd done that.

So, while it's almost certain she deserved more money because she was a draw, she probably wasn't quite worth irreplaceable star of the show money.

Bonlio t1_jaba8ko wrote

Always my favorite roomate

rellsell t1_jabkaec wrote

Yeah, but 1980’s sitcom boobs.

Ornage_crush t1_jacbgd1 wrote

Little fun fact...

In the original opening credits, Jack is riding a bicycle and crashes because he is ogling a smoking hot girl.

That smoking hot girl is actually Joyce DeWitt (Janet).