Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Roxmysox68 t1_j9ybwmw wrote

Regulate it! Thats the phrase we need, people need to realize D8 is perfectly safe and has the same safety profile as D9 but this shit needs to be lab tested and not sold at a gas station where the attendant doesnt give af about age and will sell to kids. Designated smoke shops where you have to have ID to even enter would be enough.

Mijbr090490 t1_j9ygodl wrote

Yeah. I wouldn't mind it if it was safe. But it isn't in it's current form. But at that point, I don't see the appeal. It's not nearly as effective and if you can easily purchase d9 why would you opt for d8.

Gator1523 t1_j9zcw8z wrote

You can get safe Delta 8 by buying from a reputable brand. I only buy from one smoke shop near me, and I get the rest of my stuff on 3chi.

Roxmysox68 t1_j9yikgp wrote

I mean me personally i dont particularly like high doses of thc so D8 being about a third of the potency i can regulate my buzz a bit more. It also might be placebo but D8 feels less “speedy” than D9 for me. If i get regular flower from a shop its when they RARELY have a low thc high cbd strain. All the dispensaries around me only have high thc stuff and a lot less options in terms of type 2 flower. Theres 3 different kinds of flower for cannabis. A type 1 is a high thc strain for the people who like getting blasted. Then theres a type 2 which is a more evened out 1:1 ratio of thc to cbd. Then theres the type 3 which is just straight hemp flower, only cbd and non psychoactive cannabinoids like cbn, and cbg ect…

ILikeMyGrassBlue t1_j9zeppv wrote

Legalization would actually help with this a lot. When rec is legal, you sort of weed out all the people in the med program who just want rec. It frees up the med side to focus more on lower THC stuff that the rec folks don’t really want.

Roxmysox68 t1_ja510vj wrote

Truth, medical and recreational shops should absolutely be separate entities

johnnycobbler t1_ja07037 wrote

Smoke mids

mbz321 t1_ja105s0 wrote

Hah, it's hard to even find mids these days.

Roxmysox68 t1_ja51gw4 wrote

You can get high quality flower thats not just stems and seeds and still have a more balanced cannabinoid profile. It looks and smells and tastes just like good quality bud but doesnt get you destroyed off two hits

[deleted] t1_j9zbzj3 wrote

[deleted]

Gator1523 t1_j9zd0ue wrote

Just be careful with Delta 8. It feels nice, but I gained like 20 pounds because of it. The munchies come on hard. Delta 9o, on the other hand, barely gives me the munchies.

relaxificate t1_j9yigaw wrote

If I’m not mistaken, the one cannabis fatality in recent years was a child eating delta-8 gummies. So it would appear to not be as safe as D9.

−12

Gator1523 t1_j9zd6nr wrote

Perhaps it was contaminated. Because you can't overdose on cannabinoids in general.

ILikeMyGrassBlue t1_j9zfm3m wrote

You actually can. The dose is just unbelievably massive, so massive that it’d basically be impossible unless you were trying to. Something like you’d have to smoke 1000 pounds in ten minutes lol.

Gator1523 t1_ja4320w wrote

I've heard it's roughly 1 gram per kilogram. So imagine eating two or three shot glasses worth of pure THC. It would cost thousands of dollars, and you'd probably choke to death before OD'ing.

relaxificate t1_j9zf3ze wrote

Yes perhaps it was; perhaps his death was entirely unrelated to cannabis. Whatever the explanation, what I said remains true: it appears D8 is less safe than D9; emphasis on the “appears”.

−2

Roxmysox68 t1_ja5065f wrote

Im not saying your wrong but its an isomer of D9 and is found in the plant naturally and when you eat D8 it metabolizes into 11-hydroxy-thc which is exactly what D9 also metabolizes into when ingested orally. So it seems like the child probably had a preexisting condition and the D8 only exasperated whatever underlying condition, not necessarily meaning it was just D8 that was the sole cause of the death. Its a shame but no child should ever be consuming a product like that in the first place

hitness157 t1_j9zdv6i wrote

Yes. This is the way. Government always knows what's best and certainly nothing ever goes wrong?

−13

ILikeMyGrassBlue t1_j9zf73i wrote

I’ve never gone blind from liquor, so they’re clearly pretty capable when it comes to regulating the safety of products.

Drugs need to regulated. People have the right know that the products they’re buying are as safe as possible and are as advertised. No one should have to worry about fent being in THC gummies.

Roxmysox68 t1_ja50vtx wrote

Thankyou, yeah look at prohibition and how bootleg liquor sometimes contained methanol which can cause blindness when the alcohol isnt distilled properly and methanol has a lower evaporating point and thus is one of the first products of the process that makes it to the end of the process. Other things like lead solder used in the copper fittings when building it and using things like car radiators as the condenser and the mash containers being left to ferment in the woods with mice and other animals falling into the barrels and dying. So yeah in terms of regulation it definitely helps to have laws in place for companies who give two shits about having a legit business