Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

relaxificate t1_j9yigaw wrote

If I’m not mistaken, the one cannabis fatality in recent years was a child eating delta-8 gummies. So it would appear to not be as safe as D9.

−12

Gator1523 t1_j9zd6nr wrote

Perhaps it was contaminated. Because you can't overdose on cannabinoids in general.

ILikeMyGrassBlue t1_j9zfm3m wrote

You actually can. The dose is just unbelievably massive, so massive that it’d basically be impossible unless you were trying to. Something like you’d have to smoke 1000 pounds in ten minutes lol.

Gator1523 t1_ja4320w wrote

I've heard it's roughly 1 gram per kilogram. So imagine eating two or three shot glasses worth of pure THC. It would cost thousands of dollars, and you'd probably choke to death before OD'ing.

relaxificate t1_j9zf3ze wrote

Yes perhaps it was; perhaps his death was entirely unrelated to cannabis. Whatever the explanation, what I said remains true: it appears D8 is less safe than D9; emphasis on the “appears”.

−2

Roxmysox68 t1_ja5065f wrote

Im not saying your wrong but its an isomer of D9 and is found in the plant naturally and when you eat D8 it metabolizes into 11-hydroxy-thc which is exactly what D9 also metabolizes into when ingested orally. So it seems like the child probably had a preexisting condition and the D8 only exasperated whatever underlying condition, not necessarily meaning it was just D8 that was the sole cause of the death. Its a shame but no child should ever be consuming a product like that in the first place