Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NoSnitchinMFer t1_ivlw5e7 wrote

Mine was cancelled at 3pm today, and so were my mother and father's in the last 2 hours, supposedly we either didn't sign or date... which is BS. Something is up.

Edit: Got a chance to confirm that I did originally get an email confirming my vote was recorded before the cancellation. I'm curious if something changed in their standards in the meantime.

Fstmiddy t1_ivm65pa wrote

Call the Election Protection Hotline 1-866-OUR VOTE (866-687-8683) to get immediate help from a nonpartisan Election Protection volunteer. The Hotline is administered by the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. (Spanish/Español, 888-VE-Y-VOTA. Asian, 888-API-VOTE. Arabic, 844-YALLA-US. American Sign Language video, 301-818-VOTE. Or text OUR VOTE to 97779.

You can also call the U.S. Department of Justice Voting Rights Hotline 1-800-253-3931; TTY line 877-267-8971

Slimray t1_ivm5gi6 wrote

Same! Got an email right before 3pm. That mine was cancelled for not sign or date which I know is not true. 2020 ballot had no issues.

Made sure I ran to my polling place real quick.

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm55wv wrote

This happened to me at 5:53 PM. My ballot had previously been marked as received and recorded on October 12th.

We should report this to someone in the state. But I don't know who.

tinacat933 t1_ivmvkb1 wrote

Call the Election Protection Hotline 1-866-OUR VOTE (866-687-8683) to get immediate help from a nonpartisan Election Protection volunteer. The Hotline is administered by the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. (Spanish/Español, 888-VE-Y-VOTA. Asian, 888-API-VOTE. Arabic, 844-YALLA-US. American Sign Language video, 301-818-VOTE. Or text OUR VOTE to 97779.

You can also call the U.S. Department of Justice Voting Rights Hotline 1-800-253-3931; TTY line 877-267-8971

? Not sure if it’s to late

toot_ricky t1_ivmadao wrote

A LOT of folks put their birthdays instead of the day they signed. And I mean a LOT. I was a poll watcher today at a mail-in ballot center.

Original_Jilliman t1_ivmz7ss wrote

A LOT of people don't follow the directions sadly. If they're not followed the vote can't be counted. The envelopes must be dated. If they get counted without the date, the county can be accused of fraud. I worked at my local polling place. I have friends and family that still do. I'm tired of people who don't bother to read instructions abusing the poll workers. Poll workers are your neighbors who are underpaid and putting in over 14 hour days. Election officials work 18 hour days to ensure things go smoothly. These people do not deserve the amount of abuse and threats they're getting. I'm so disgusted by it.

toot_ricky t1_ivn0tkr wrote

I completely agree but I also firmly believe that a misdated ballot is a terrible reason to throw out a vote.

NoSnitchinMFer t1_ivmdcqd wrote

I can believe that! I just distinctly remember having to check the date and realizing it was a friend's birthday that I had forgotten, so it stood out.

tinacat933 t1_ivmvogj wrote

So what happens then

toot_ricky t1_ivn0ow8 wrote

I can’t speak for all locations but my fellow poll watchers and I spent our time calling people to let them know.

Impossible_Piano_435 t1_ivm4w79 wrote

Voting hasn’t ended and the election fraud claims have already started

Unparty t1_ivm58yk wrote

You know who remembers when 99% of the electorate voted in person and we had election results the same night/early next morning?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

−18

jkman61494 t1_ivm9nbv wrote

You know who remembers the political party that passed our mail in voting laws (the GOP legislature) and then tried to sue themselves because they didn’t like the results and have spent the past two years trying to muck up the process as much as possible?

Rational Pennsylvanians remember

Unparty t1_ivmbgph wrote

Pretty sure that passed with bipartisan support and was just upheld by the left-leaning PA supreme court.

But hey, we’ll see what rational Pennsylvanians remember soon, won’t we?

−19

jkman61494 t1_ivmgusl wrote

So if it was drawn up by the GOP and there’s bipartisan support, why did the GOP make nearly a dozen lawsuits in 2020 over it?

Unparty t1_ivmhrx8 wrote

Couldn’t tell you. I think it’s a stupid law, but I didn’t write it 💁🏼

−1

jkman61494 t1_ivmhzg6 wrote

So mail in voting which has been offered for decades is now stupid why exactly?

Unparty t1_ivmi644 wrote

I’m talking about the law regarding undated/incorrectly dated mail-in ballots. I personally think it is a dumb law and would be totally fine if the Fetterman lawsuits go through

Er3bus13 t1_ivm6zb2 wrote

Yea fuck those active military people. Why should we wait for their votes to come in /s

Unparty t1_ivm7tn5 wrote

Did you notice I said 99%? Of course we’ve always had mail-in ballots for those overseas.

−4

PopeMaIone t1_ivm95l0 wrote

I don't remember a time when there wasn't absentee voting but it wasn't as widespread until 2020. I used to enjoy seeing republican dreams crushed early in the night rather than wait until the following day or so.

VeeTheBee86 t1_ivmkhn0 wrote

Counting a year where a once in a lifetime pandemic impacted how we voted and set some changes in motion against years of precedent is a little unfair. My guess is the majority is voting in person this year, save for people like me who have voted by mail for years due to our jobs.

Several states have done mail only elections for years without problems. Others have newly expanded the rules, so it’s going to take time to adjust. I’m fine with that if it increases voter turnout and accessibility.

JPJRANGER t1_ivltcpp wrote

Mine shows Vote Recorded

agnorak262 t1_ivm2ffy wrote

Mine shows vote recorded, but status is online mail-in not verified? What does that mean?

tonymeatballs2 t1_ivm7gkh wrote

Same. I called earlier today and they said it was fine but I'm still concerned.

MPA_Dad t1_ivmp83g wrote

That most likely means that you applied to be on the “permanent” vote by mail list in February. Those who applied to receive mail-in ballots in both the primary and general were coded by Dept of State as “not verified.” However, the vast majority (97%) of those ballots were verified at the county level prior to them sending your ballot for the General.

TLDR: it’s a data coding issue at DOS

scottLobster2 t1_ivm8fme wrote

That's not the status, that's "Ballot Type". "Status" is the column on the far right

obi-jawn-kenobi t1_ivmlwln wrote

That just means you requested a mail in ballot without having any particular reason for it I think. My aunt's ballot type is just regular old Mail-In, but she gets it mailed to her because of a disability.

FreyaR7542 t1_ivme1f7 wrote

Yes it’s unclear in that little field but you can scroll to the right

jvall05 t1_ivmlfkq wrote

Mine too, I submitted a Provisional after talking to my county office

Odd_Description_2295 t1_ivlu8qb wrote

Sone fuckery going on here

MomsSpecialFriend t1_ivm3iie wrote

After I watched my rep go on tv and try to say my mail in ballot was "illegal" last election, I made sure to show up in person to vote against him.

MikeForce64 t1_ivlzwan wrote

Mine said pending, then cancelled, then recorded... weird

https://i.postimg.cc/fbhHz3w3/Capture.png

100% sure I signed my name and put the date on it the day I filled it out.

B-Eze t1_ivm5trf wrote

But did you also date the envelope?

MikeForce64 t1_ivm6sw6 wrote

Yea, that was the only place it wanted you to sign and date.

Like the instructions said:

"Seal the inner secrecy envelope in the pre-addressed outer return envelope. Sign and date the voter’s declaration on the outside of the outer return envelope."

I thought it was a pretty simple and streamlined process lol

B-Eze t1_ivm7jwh wrote

I think there were two places. On the ballot itself, then on the envelope. I could be mistaken but I feel like I signed and dated twice.

[deleted] OP t1_ivma8f6 wrote

You don’t date the ballot itself. You only date the envelope where the voter declaration is where you sign.

felltheblackwolf t1_ivmcmpj wrote

I'm 100% sure I signed and dated the voter's declaration and they still cancelled mine 2 hours before voting closes.

AdamBlackfyre t1_ivlxfhh wrote

Girlfriend and I both did absentee in person last week and both recorded

Fstmiddy t1_ivm6hdh wrote

CPBOMBAA t1_ivlud2j wrote

This is messed up. No one at the polls helping anyone figure out their precinct or directing people where to go !!! What is going on!!

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ivm2kzk wrote

I'm sure because of Covid many new poll works. I don't know for sure where you voted but not one of the same poll worker from the last 4 election was at my place.

nurselife1985 t1_ivm6eel wrote

Poll workers are almost entirely volunteers. One of the only demographics with enough free time to sit at a polling station the entire day is the elderly and retired. Covid-19 was most lethal to the elderly and people with underlying conditions. Most of the people you remember from your polling place are probably dead.

−6

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm4zjw wrote

I found out 2 hours before the polls closed that they cancelled it. They had previously told me it was received and recorded on October 12th, almost a month ago.

I'm ready to write to some politicians about this bullshit. But who do I even write to? And will they even do anything? This clearly is fishy.

tinacat933 t1_ivmvw62 wrote

? Local board of elections? Secretary of State?

[deleted] OP t1_ivmw61b wrote

[deleted]

felltheblackwolf t1_ivmwrpw wrote

Yes, but I had to see the judge and he had to make a phone call in order for me to get a provisional ballot. And it was less than 2 hours before voting closed.

SilverVixen23 t1_ivmwrfy wrote

Mail-in ballots can't be officially counted until 7am (or later) when polls open, so even though the courthouse received your ballot last month, it wasn't opened until today. I can't tell you why they would've cancelled it, but unfortunately there's no way to find out sooner than election day if your ballot was officially counted.

Not sure what county you're in, but here in Northampton County, we had about 35,000 mail-in ballots and only like 25 people to sort through them all, so unfortunately that means some ballots weren't getting examined until 6 or even 7pm which left very little time for voters to run to their polling places (if they even found out there was an issue).

ackmon t1_ivm8yyu wrote

I'm voting at polling location from now on.

princeoinkins t1_ivmpkxh wrote

Lol so the republicans say it, and they are trying to suppress votes, but then you realize how crap mail in voting is and it’s ok suddenly? Shocker

−11

ackmon t1_ivmqd26 wrote

Almost coherent.

Did you know Republicans were bigger users than Democrats of mail in ballots pre-Trump?

tukekairo t1_ivlzgq9 wrote

You could go to your voting place and do tell them what is going on and ask to do a provisional ballot...

generalraptor2002 t1_ivm7r5h wrote

People, please, double triple and quadruple check your ballot before you turn it in.

And no, signing and dating a form is in no way a “literacy test”, it is something you can reasonably expect any American to be able to do as long as they read and follow the instructions.

For people who are unable to read or write there are instructions on the form that the person who assisted them must follow, sign, and date.

CPBOMBAA t1_ivm846m wrote

So you don’t see the comments of people saying they did exactly that and still had cancelled ballots? Lol it’s ridiculous to begin with to have OUR VOTE invalidated because of a date …..

Original_Jilliman t1_ivmyg3m wrote

Just follow directions like the rest of us who had to do mail ins before. It's not rocket science. If my adhd brained self could do it during college, I'm sure most of the people in this thread can as well. The issue is people don't read the instructions.

The reason it needs to be dated is because of voter fraud. Elections are heavily audited. If those envelopes aren't dated, they're not going to be counted. It's basic law. Your local poll workers and election officials aren't trying to suppress your vote.

wundermotions t1_ivmire9 wrote

Thanks for this! I checked my status and thankfully it said “Vote Recorded” from 11/2/22.

yolorelli t1_ivmk5oo wrote

What a shit show this has turned out to be.

Original_Jilliman t1_ivmx7nv wrote

I know polls are now closed but...Can I please stress not to push election fraud conspiracy theories or for anyone to take it out on officials if their mail in was cancelled?

One of the main issues is people not putting the date on their ballot and/or envelope or putting their birthdate instead. It's up to the voter to read the instructions given. Those envelopes MUST be dated or they will not be counted. Elections are heavily audited. Any undated ballots that get counted? That county will be accused of FRAUD.

I did mail ins while in college. If my ADHD brained self could follow instructions and do it properly, I'm sure everyone on this thread can too! READ the instructions. If you're having trouble with it you need to have someone there to explain the instructions to you.

Source: Friends and family involved in election/polling process. Please be kind! The people at your local polling places are your neighbors! They don't get paid much for doing this. I worked at my local polling place a few times before and it was a great experience. Neither they nor your election officials deserve your ire. Many poll workers and election officials are fearing for their safety because of crazy conspiracy theories being spread. They're not trying to suppress your vote! They're following the law.

Please, please be kind! I hope everyone who had issues with their mail in was able to a provisional. Please take care.

NewYork_607 t1_ivm43ao wrote

Signature and date are important. I almost forgot to put the date before dropping off in the mail box. My wife and I got lucky and added the date.

all4whatnot t1_ivm4b5f wrote

Me and wife, both recorded, Delco

gderti t1_ivm4btx wrote

All three family members that voted by mail still show as recorded... Whew... Two of us went in today as well for 5 total...

B-Eze t1_ivm5vak wrote

Recorded.

ohmymother t1_ivmb2sg wrote

Checked my moms and it says vote recorded. If you have family who aren’t likely to follow up you can check for them as long as you know their birthdate.

VeeTheBee86 t1_ivmctk3 wrote

I priority mailed mine on Friday and it’s still not showing received, and when I called, they said they still haven’t received. I’m pretty furious since I’m legitimately on the other side of the country, but I’m told I have no recourse if it isn’t received by 8PM. If I don’t see it changed, that post office better be prepared because I will visit and raise hell.

ilikeyoureyes t1_ivmvnp0 wrote

Priority Mail is not a guaranteed service unfortunately.

VeeTheBee86 t1_ivmwh1h wrote

It arrived and I got the alert, thank god. I was just mad because I had specifically asked them because my flight was leaving later in the morning, so I could’ve potentially moved it back and dropped it off.

Pink_Slyvie t1_ivmksaz wrote

Mail in voting is secure and safe.

Republicans will do everything they can to make it not count. So I vote in person. I want to mail vote, but I don't trust them.

princeoinkins t1_ivmpt1i wrote

Mailing in voting is secure and safe

Except it’s not

So I don’t vote by mail

Lol wat

Pink_Slyvie t1_ivmv883 wrote

You are missing my point. I don't trust fascists to be honorable so I take the path where they are least likely to affect my vote.

From other standpoints, mail in voting is just a big win.

bk1285 t1_ivm693y wrote

Also, my brother found out that if you have not voted in 4 years you are removed from the voter logs

AFD_0 t1_ivmgszz wrote

This is true, but they're supposed to mail you a notice of such and give you the opportunity to remain on the rolls without re-registering.

bk1285 t1_ivmm6ci wrote

He said the lady working the polls didn’t even know, she had to call someone and she told the lady that and hung up on her

VariableCritic t1_ivmam0k wrote

Recorded for me. Voted the same day I received the ballot - got it 10/05 and they received it on 10/13

blueshift9 t1_ivmils0 wrote

I never requested a mail in ballot, so I obviously didn't send one in that I didn't get, yet when I went today at my polling place I had to do a provisional ballot. When I used the lookup tool it shows that my "mail in that I never got nor mailed in" was recorded on 10/4. Odd for sure.

DeLorean58 t1_ivmp1a3 wrote

Shit, mine still shows they never mailed it, although I received it, mailed it back, mine is still stuck on pending status. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow if it isn't updated by 8 am

WaxDream t1_ivnz0c0 wrote

Honestly, it’s safest to order a mail in ballot and got to the polls, if you can, anyway. Like send it in way early, if some fi Kerry is going on, then you can still vote in person and they won’t block you.

Reynard1981 t1_ivmtjtf wrote

Even more reason not to vote by mail!

jirenlagen t1_ivmn40j wrote

It’s decided already.

−1

Jaymart321 t1_ivm0cqv wrote

Recorded my vote in person today. Mail in ballots come with potential problems and it seems like you are experiencing them now.

−6

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2mkk wrote

[deleted]

[deleted] OP t1_ivm5unq wrote

[deleted]

−9

DavidLieberMintz t1_ivmda26 wrote

You're the one picking a fight. u/justcreated_22 clearly isn't trying to hide it's a new account and responded with a factual comment. You're out here just being a dick. Don't worry, my account is 9 years old, like trump's last date.

[deleted] OP t1_ivmdgx9 wrote

[deleted]

−1

DavidLieberMintz t1_ivme1qs wrote

Yeah so who gives a fuck. Debate the facts, not the person.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm5xh1 wrote

[deleted]

[deleted] OP t1_ivm66am wrote

[deleted]

−5

[deleted] OP t1_ivm687x wrote

[deleted]

−1

[deleted] OP t1_ivm72z3 wrote

[deleted]

−5

Jaymart321 t1_ivm2w91 wrote

If someone didn’t date the ballot properly that is not the fault of the Republican Party, it’s the fault of the voter that didn’t date the ballot properly.

I want no part of any political party’s efforts. Voting in person is more secure.

−21

steelceasar t1_ivm5o0d wrote

There is no evidence that mail in voting is not secure, but Republicans keep screaming about it to make it seem like it is an issue. If someone forgot to date the ballot but it arrived before election day, throwing out the vote is dumb since the whole point of dating is to make sure that the vote was cast (ie. filled out on time).

Jaymart321 t1_ivm5raa wrote

Seems like OP has evidence

−3

steelceasar t1_ivm8o9r wrote

So here is how logic and reality work. If you make an assertion that there is something happening (fraud in this case) you have to provide evidence, you can't just make a statement and say your vote doesn't count until you prove that fraud doesn't exist. Typically this is referred to as the burden of proof.

Now if you are saying that there is evidence that Republicans want to disenfranchise voters then yes you are correct and we agree.

Jaymart321 t1_ivm90ij wrote

You’re all twisted up like a pretzel friend. Lol

tyrael459 t1_ivmppnd wrote

You got owned, good sir or madame. Take it on the chin and move on. I won’t tell any of your friends, I promise.

I will eat that pretzel if you’re not going to, though. I like a little mustard on my pretzel. Unless it’s Aunt Anne’s, then nothing else is required.

Er3bus13 t1_ivm771u wrote

"Problems" means Republican fuckery. Only one party wants to throw out votes...wonder why

Woodyee101 t1_ivm2b9d wrote

2020 my mail in ballot was canceled because it didn’t sign it, said dem volunteer. I snapped a photo of my ballot before I sent it in with my sig.

−11

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2jmk wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm2pf9 wrote

Alex is died libtard

−12

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2yql wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm3f5r wrote

I would classify a moron as someone who votes for a guy that just had a stroke and can’t put 2 sentences together.

−7

[deleted] OP t1_ivm3hu6 wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm3qog wrote

Fetterman just wants to print money and you’re looking for a handout

−5

PensiveLog t1_ivmn9kb wrote

As opposed to the guy who is somehow so rich and out of touch that he has no idea how to construct a crudités, which is literally a veggie platter for rich out of touch people.

ryeley323 t1_ivlzbk7 wrote

So do we agree that there's a problem with mail in ballots?

−30

jmdunkle t1_ivlzzyx wrote

The problem is with voter suppression, not mail-in ballots

ryeley323 t1_ivm04w5 wrote

I call BS. This is happening to both sides from the posts on here today.

−8

jmdunkle t1_ivm1b00 wrote

70% of mail-in voters are registered dems, so there goes that

Woodyee101 t1_ivm212y wrote

If you’re going to fill out a mail in ballot (vs voting at the polls) you should be able to complete the ballot as instructed. If you can’t figure it out, go to the polls.

−13

jmdunkle t1_ivm2ahv wrote

The right to vote isn’t contingent on that. You’re essentially advocating for a literacy test, which is a voter suppression tactic.

Woodyee101 t1_ivm2f89 wrote

Then go to the polls

−5

jmdunkle t1_ivm2s5o wrote

The right to vote also isn’t subject to your approval. You vote how you want, others can vote how they want. Just admit you don’t want certain people’s votes to count and save us all some time

Woodyee101 t1_ivm32pf wrote

Approval to vote not needed. Just don’t be a crying snowflake cuz your to stupid to complete a ballot correctly

−7

jmdunkle t1_ivm3tjq wrote

Calling someone else stupid while mixing up “to” and “too” is very on-brand for republicans

Woodyee101 t1_ivm3xqm wrote

Gee. An educated snowflake looking for a handout. Typical

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm6i17 wrote

You can't even use the right words (you're and too) while calling someone else stupid. Pitiful.

Unparty t1_ivm7ovb wrote

I’m conservative and this man embarrasses me 💁🏼

Woodyee101 t1_ivm6ql0 wrote

You are a lazy libtard. Is that spelled correctly?

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm75yo wrote

Honestly at this point I think you're just a troll. There's no indication that I'd be lazy based on my comment. But you, you are too lazy to even put a proper sentence together.

Read a book.

Woodyee101 t1_ivm7q9w wrote

It’s ok. You’re just another libtard looking for a handout. Don’t be ashamed. It’s what you want.

−1

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2yby wrote

[deleted]

−5

jmdunkle t1_ivm3gti wrote

At the polls, you don’t have to sign your ballot and you don’t have to date it. You have to do both of those things with mail-in ballots. Inability to follow even simple instructions doesn’t mean your right to vote is canceled. What part of that don’t you people get?

[deleted] OP t1_ivm3ohz wrote

[deleted]

−2

jmdunkle t1_ivm44hk wrote

Someone points to the paper and has you sign while they watch. Literally not possible to forget to do it. Not the same at all.

You know exactly what I mean by “you people”. Voter suppression apologists, reactionaries, fascists, take your pick.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm5ccz wrote

[deleted]

jmdunkle t1_ivm5n9x wrote

I don’t care who you voted for. If you’re ok with throwing peoples votes out for any reason when they’re legally allowed to vote, we’re nothing alike.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2haq wrote

[deleted]

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2mdo wrote

[removed]

−6

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2vvs wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm39nw wrote

And you’re the one who voted for a senile geriatric and a half dead giant who just had a stroke. I’m the stupid one. Lmao

[deleted] OP t1_ivm3f9c wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm3nj0 wrote

Failed russian operative? What a snowflake you are. You’re just like the other snowflakes, looking for a handout cuz you’re to lazy to work

[deleted] OP t1_ivm3q5z wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm42ba wrote

You work 50 hrs a week and can barely pay your bills. Sucker

[deleted] OP t1_ivm48rf wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm4e8o wrote

You must have a small dick. Maseratis are for suckers. Dick suckers. Now go back to work trimming bushes

[deleted] OP t1_ivm4miz wrote

[deleted]

Woodyee101 t1_ivm55zm wrote

Easy to spot a spoiled brat with a little dick bragging about having 5 shitty sports cars. Go back to your daddy’s basement

[deleted] OP t1_ivm085p wrote

[deleted]

ryeley323 t1_ivm18o2 wrote

Lmao. You're a joke. Both sides are having issues.

−11

[deleted] OP t1_ivm1byz wrote

[deleted]

ryeley323 t1_ivmgequ wrote

You knew this was going to be an issue. Your delusional if you think other. Your relying on USPS. Now come up with another excuse simpleton.

ryeley323 t1_ivm1g17 wrote

Excuses. All you lefties are good for.

−2

[deleted] OP t1_ivm1ie9 wrote

[deleted]

ryeley323 t1_ivm1lzh wrote

Go get triggered somewhere else. Falling on deaf ears

[deleted] OP t1_ivm1odb wrote

[deleted]

ryeley323 t1_ivm1zpy wrote

Laughing right back at your excuses.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm26si wrote

[deleted]

ryeley323 t1_ivm2dyy wrote

Vote in person then. Hey, I gotta go to work so go back to the basement and come up with some more conspiracy theories.

paperdolllll t1_ivm071m wrote

What's wrong with the mail in ballots?

[deleted] OP t1_ivm5psb wrote

[deleted]

CPBOMBAA t1_ivmlrzg wrote

MANY PEOPLE are saying they filled it out exactly as instructed and still were cancelled…

DavidLieberMintz t1_ivmdk7a wrote

There's a problem with the GOP discounting them, yes. The ballots themselves are fine.

ryeley323 t1_ivmdxsh wrote

David no one has time for you bologna tonight. You seriously have a reddit addiction that you need to kick.

−1

DavidLieberMintz t1_ivme52l wrote

Changing the subject?

ryeley323 t1_ivmeea4 wrote

OK. It's a shame the Astros beat the Phillies. One of the few times I was rooting for a Philly based team. Maybe next year.

CPBOMBAA t1_ivmm52j wrote

You’re annoying dude

ryeley323 t1_ivmmf9a wrote

Pot calling the kettle black.

CPBOMBAA t1_ivmmo4p wrote

You’ve commented more on this post than anyone else at this point lol I thought you had a job to go to or something

ryeley323 t1_ivmoa0p wrote

Oh I'm here at work now. I'm the super. All my guys are doing their jobs. Hour commute. I'm just laughing at the irony of people complaining about mail ins. What so you expect when your ballot get handled by a dozen people before getting counted. But it's Republicans fault. Ya'll need a life. If you're that passionate about voting. Do it in person.

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ivm2w6v wrote

There always is, someone said it's like 10% spoilage of the ballots received in prior elections (pre 2020)

gvillemini t1_ivm3ms2 wrote

There is a problem and redditors fail to solve for it, instead just cry that it's their right to vote via mail in. The smarter thing is for liberals to ensure their votes aren't subject to misconduct by voting in person when able to do so. That's the solution!

−2

redditornot6648 t1_ivm3fcu wrote

Yes, they shouldn't exist. Vote in person.

Absentee voting of course is different.

NOBODY should be allowed to mail in their vote unless they will be out of state on election day.

−6

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm6vps wrote

A lot of people can't afford to leave work to go vote, and can't do so after work either.

Also a lot of people have mobility issues that would prevent them from going to a polling place. They also deserve to vote.

CPBOMBAA t1_ivm9skn wrote

I’m just gonna say it, you’re dumb

CPBOMBAA t1_ivmc4nd wrote

Reddit or not lol not the black wolf!!

cobase2955jhk871 t1_ivmxole wrote

In 2020 I met someone who had a fever (probably COVID and she said she wouldn't be able to vote.) You're fine with that even though mailing a ballot with your signature is fucking easy and reliable since if anyone else tried to signed in her name there would be a criminal investigation?

redditornot6648 t1_ivmylch wrote

Dude forging signatures is easy.

And go vote with a fever who cares? that's what the face mask is for

cobase2955jhk871 t1_ivmyusm wrote

If you forge the signature and send one in after someone else sent one they'll investigate. Trump voters got caught doing that in 2020.

And there is no reason to wear a mask and put old people at risk when you don't even have to go out. Duh.

gvillemini t1_ivlwvog wrote

I've been seeing many of these types of reports throughout the day. It's bullshit! Mail in should only take place if it truly is your only option. Too many shenanigans taking place over these last few elections. Vote in person when you can and ensure it is counted.

−37

Generic_Mustard t1_ivlyimg wrote

Mail in is the way to go, just sign and date it correctly!

Mine was received and recorded on 10/13 and I've been ignoring all the political noise since.

felltheblackwolf t1_ivm5rbw wrote

I know for a fact I signed and dated mine properly and that they received and recorded my ballot on October 12th. Then an hour ago they told me it was cancelled and I had to go to my polling place for a provisional ballot.

Some shady shit going on here.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm2s7z wrote

[deleted]

gvillemini t1_ivm38wa wrote

In the coming days and weeks we'll continue to hear about how thousands of ballots are missing, lost, gone, poof. Why subject your vote to misconduct when, if you are able, you can vote securely in person? Never said anything about being against voting. Comprehension is not your greatest, huh?

−6

[deleted] OP t1_ivm3cqn wrote

[deleted]

gvillemini t1_ivm3wlk wrote

No, I'm solving for it by minimizing the number of ballots that can be tampered with by voting in person. That's a real solution. What's your solution? Cry about voter suppression and apply ignorance? That's baffling.

[deleted] OP t1_ivm472k wrote

[deleted]

gvillemini t1_ivm4mca wrote

You may as well flush your ballot down the toilet with that logic. Apply some math. In person votes are captured at a much higher rate than mail in ballots. If enough mail in ballots don't register, it can be enough to toss an election. How's that smart? The time to advance and make progress is not on election day and not at a time when every attempt is made to screw with people's votes.

seanmuthafuckinontop t1_ivm47p3 wrote

Lol how did you get that from what he said.

−1

[deleted] OP t1_ivm4b32 wrote

[deleted]

seanmuthafuckinontop t1_ivm4j06 wrote

Listen man, I just voted all democrat but I believe we should try to do as much in person voting as possible. If you can’t I understand, but if you’re able I don’t understand.

gvillemini t1_ivmgxq0 wrote

This guy uses an account to troll. He's been spamming all day and he literally hears/comprehends whatever he wants to in order to make it conform to his viewpoints. Can't reason with trolls like him.

CPBOMBAA t1_ivlx0ib wrote

That’s what I learned from today 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

susinpgh t1_ivmcxmk wrote

But the law was changed, so believing that it shouldn't be done is counter to reason.

PensiveLog t1_ivmmetw wrote

Exactly, this wasn’t a problem until last week.