Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8q6cx4 wrote

Reply to comment by waninggib in Costco? by AHoneyNamedRenee

I think you missed the drunk white men getting behind the wheel after a few too many Miller Lites part? 🤔 TF? 😂

−8

waninggib t1_j8q728k wrote

Those already exist in Garden City though.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8q82v7 wrote

Yeah, because the singular loser driving home from Applebee's on too many Dollaritas on a Tuesday night is more of a public threat?

Will the Cranston police be posted up in the Chelo's parking lot or the Whole Foods parking lot? You know damn well the answer to that.

We get it. You live off Garden City Drive and don't want too many SNAP recipients passing through.

waninggib t1_j8q9ds1 wrote

I never lived nearby, and I currently live in Providence. I legit just answered your question and you’re apparently pissed because you love Costco and want it built. The people in Cranston didn’t.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8q9h62 wrote

So mind your damn business then and focus on your rat problem.

waninggib t1_j8q9q8o wrote

What the fuck are you even going on about?

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8q9ufs wrote

It doesn't affect you, so wtf are YOU going on about?

waninggib t1_j8qa60k wrote

I literally responded to a question you posted on a public forum asking if the location itself is the issue, and explained that it was and that’s why Cranston rejected it. I didn’t realize you weren’t actually looking for responses and just wanted to shitpost. My bad.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8qafq3 wrote

And for someone that doesn't even live here, you have one hell of an opinion 🙄 you're not even a relevant person regarding this.

Focus on your rat problem in PVD and the trap houses. 😂

−2

waninggib t1_j8qan6z wrote

Right.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8qay6q wrote

Up voted this. One word is all it took for you to finally make some sense. Bye. Stick to what you know. Putting a silk hat on a pig and calling it gentrification. ✌🏻👋🏻

−2

NoRepresentative5593 t1_j8r5ru4 wrote

Not sure what you mean about the cops but I work in GC and Cranston police are usually parked by Legal Sea Foods and patrol the center at night and during the day.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8rn5pa wrote

What I mean is will there be cops patrolling the Top Golf? Or are they going to let all the drunks drive out of there?

Top Golf was a stupid idea. I don't see anything good coming from that establishment being there.

NoRepresentative5593 t1_j8rpfda wrote

Not sure why you’re anti-golf but Cranston PD is always here and I can’t imagine they would ignore drunks coming out of Top Golf.

sailri t1_j8rlq8a wrote

But drunk women at Garden City isn’t a reason?

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8rp4qc wrote

To be honest, I've never seen anyone intoxicated at Garden City 😂 I'm sure it happens often, but I feel like Top Golf will produce way more DUIs than any other business in the area.

PJfanRI t1_j8s8py2 wrote

Why would TopGolf provide more DUIs than restaurants and bars? What are you basing that statement on?

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8t2y3c wrote

1. The fact that it's pretty much like a Dave and Busters. Lots of party's and events will be held there, and what do a lot of people do when they celebrate?

Why does this even need to be explained?

1. The demographic.

My boss and his friends get shitfaced every Tuesday at the country club. Guys like to play golf, bullshit, and drink.

PJfanRI t1_j8t70tp wrote

1. Have you ever been to a TopGolf or Golf Simulator like at Patriot Place or TD Garden in Boston?

The fact that it's like a Dave and Busters implies people will drink less, not more. People drink less when they're participating in an activity than they do when they're standing there just drinking. Its common sense.

Why does this even need to be explained?

1. The crux of your argument seems to be that TopGolf will attract men and men just want to drink. If your boss and his friends get shitfaced at the country club, obviously all men do, right?

Are you familiar with the term misandry? Come on, be better. Sexism in all forms sucks.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8t9m0c wrote

Oh please 🙄

The majority of the patrons will be men. White, middle-aged, middle-class men. That's the exact demographic they're marketing targets.

It's not sexist if it's true.

Are you familiar with the word eristic? You be better. Twisting words and picking arguments with strangers on the internet sucks and is a huge character flaw.

PJfanRI t1_j8tbp8t wrote

Yes, the majority of the patrons will be men. And I'm not arguing that point.

I'm arguing your inference that the demographic listed above is a problem. And that the nature of TopGolf will lead to more drinking than your typical restaurant or bar.

I challenge sexism and bigotry in all forms. I'm not twisting anything you've said. You have said introducing TopGolf into the area will increase DUIs because their demographic is middle aged white men.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8td4gh wrote

>You have said introducing TopGolf into the area will increase DUIs because their demographic is middle aged white men.

Precisely.

Now research DUI statistics.

PJfanRI t1_j8tde3e wrote

I'm aware of them. But you still haven't established why TopGolf leads to more drinking than a traditional bar besides a bullshit anecdote about your boss.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8tezss wrote

I am not explaining again. Go read the answer I already posted. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I didn't establish it. I said what I said.

PJfanRI t1_j8th2ct wrote

Rhetoric isn't a strong suit for you.

You compared it to Dave and Busters, because I'm the mind of yourself and nobody else D&Bs is a haven for drunk driving. And let's not forget your boss, who represents the entire golfing community and gets drunk on Tuesdays. That hardly constitutes the justification you think it does lol.

It doesn't matter what you or I like since Top Golf is going in. While you're lamenting the loss of Costco I will be taking my customers to TopGolf, where they will be drinking less than they would at a sporting event or bar.