Submitted by Michelin_Man t3_yzh4xd in RhodeIsland

Boneheads in Warwick was my absolute favorite wings spot in the state. So many sauces, kinds... Bone or boneless, they were all delicious, and also reasonably priced! But I just found out they closed both locations permanently, RIP.

I'm looking for another place for wings! What's your favorite?

I haven't looked too heavily yet and I'm fairly new to RI and don't know too many of those "hole in the wall"/local gems.

Though I tried Korean Fried Chicken at Den Den in Providence which was fantastic, but a completely different style of fried chicken.

What are your favorites? I'm on the hunt for a new Boneheads!

Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

misterspokes t1_ix0gw02 wrote

RI Food Fights has Lord Of The Wings in January, price has gone up but it's a passport to try wings from places all over the state.

Firebird22x t1_ix1kd2s wrote

Not sure why you’re getting downvoted, this is a great way to try a bunch of places and find out your favorite

misterspokes t1_ix1kgnz wrote

RIFF has had some very shitty customer service lately.

LadyPantsParty t1_ix9jx1i wrote

Because RI Food fights is a leach who has admitted in interviews he targeted RI's competitive market to take advantage of the restaurants.

SonOfBaldy t1_ix0q7w6 wrote

Its been a while but I used to go to Boneyard in Seekonk a lottt

frog666666 t1_ix132d7 wrote

I love their sauce but the tenders were overcooked most times i went. Not terribly, I still enjoyed them but it is noticable.

However they make up for it by always giving extra. Everytime I order 12 tenders/wings theyve always given me 14-16.

sooooocal t1_ix0tn84 wrote

I just went there for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it!

wormholeweapons t1_iwzyx63 wrote

Cook & Dagger are my favorite wings on state. Though it’s not a variety throng. It’s always plain or buffalo and flavor of the week.

Wings at Lost valley Pizza (revival brewing) are pretty good too.

The District has great wings also not a huge variety in flavors but really good wings.

Rocco’s pub and grub always had decent wings too. With a huge flavor choice. They also had a 50 cent wing night previously. Not sure it’s still going.

Shaggadelic12 t1_ix1mwqu wrote

Hard agree on The District’s wings. They’re excellent.

fate_is_a_sandstorm t1_ix0r8dw wrote

Adding on about Cook & Dagger… hands down, they’re one of my favorite restaurants in the state. The special wings tho? I feel like they’re either A+ or F - never in between.

When they go for the sweet sauces (I wish the black pepper maple was always on the menu), the char and flavor are amazing. But, then you have another frequent flier (garlic parm) that I find to be grossly soggy and extremely sub-par.

Whenever my gf & I go, but the special wings aren’t to our liking, the pork rib appetizer is always amazing and provides a nice sweet char & sauce

imuniqueaf t1_ix1jzbu wrote

Cook & Dagger is fantastic!! Everything there is delicious.

The Thai peanut sauce at The District is incredible. Try it on the calamari!

misterspokes t1_ix0gd19 wrote

Tomaselli's at Rosario.

JuiicyLemon t1_ix0u1uf wrote

Omg i miss boneheads!!! Craft burgers and beer have REALLY good wings. I think Tuesdays they have a special its 50 cent wings . Atomic wings are to die for

mantisMD97 t1_ix1vbbu wrote

Den den are the best breaded/fried wings I’ve ever had. As for non breaded bone-in ivy tavern wings are really good.

stellarmeow t1_ix1wj3x wrote

Ivy Tavern everything is fantastic. Their korean wings are the besst

Dabaccino t1_ix1g9i3 wrote

Den den Korean fried chicken pvd

noungning t1_iwzxkb6 wrote

Four seasons on reservoir. Asian style fried chicken, love the crispy with jalapeño.

FjordExplorher t1_ix0x72g wrote

I think Boomerangs on Providence Street in West Warwick is owned by the same owners. They have $0.50 wing night every Wednesday.

CatH2222 t1_ix1ig0e wrote

Boomerangs food is average at best. I have tried a few items and they are meh.

Wide_Television_7074 t1_iwzzkco wrote

Why did they close

Maleficent_Weird8613 t1_ix00ypm wrote

I don't think they could keep up with prices and COVID restrictions and stuff so they closed. Wing prices are through the roof too. One of the places I used to go was Thirsty Beaver

GrapeRello t1_ix10num wrote

How is the thirsty beaver? One just opened in westerly. Driving by it looks like a college place but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

dickieb81 t1_ix15jm0 wrote

Younger crowd for sure, but they have pretty good wings and if you stick to specials or domestics they can be pretty cheap. 7/10

GrapeRello t1_ix1a72a wrote

Cool I’ll have to give it a try. Bars like that are becoming harder and harder to come by in southern RI

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_ix1medp wrote

Freon’s of mine went and said it was disappointing.

Btw, Dragon Palace just opened in the old Providence Coal Fire spot.

Maleficent_Weird8613 t1_ix28uvr wrote

We went to Smithfield tonight. It was ok. Wings were tasty. Slightly overcooked. Chicken sandwich was double chicken. I gave an entire piece to my husband. He had a reuben and he said it was really good.

Chimbo84 t1_ix3gjlx wrote

The Cranston Thirsty Beaver is the best. Try the wings and tater tots. Highly recommend.

goulio t1_ix1f7zk wrote

Thirsty beaver in Cranston has very average wings.. definitely nothing special and kinda disappointing

Wide_Television_7074 t1_ix0hvkl wrote

Thirsty beaver closed too?

−3

Mg962 t1_ix174cs wrote

Ive been out of town, thirsty beaver in smithfield is closed?

shortys7777 t1_ix1mf9b wrote

Smithfield one is not closed. Wings are meh there though. Flatbreads are solid though.

imuniqueaf t1_ix1jrb7 wrote

Just my personal experience but the last time I went the service was ATROCIOUS and the pickle chips had more salt than the dead sea. The service was never great, but it got really bad.

Dry_Sheepherder_2399 t1_ix1zv4t wrote

Wings Best Dine In- BoneYard in Seekonk. Best in the Area

Pickup Only- D’s Spot in Pawtucket

Dine in/Pickup- Wings Over in Providence

Best Fried Chicken in the area, Krispy Krunchy in Attleboro. Most will tell you it’s the Best Gas Station Fried Chicken in the Country

damnedgoods t1_ix99q14 wrote

Tried Krispy krunchy yesterday, and it is damn good! Biscuit was alright but impressed with the chicken, be going back for sure. For some context I've been living in the south for the past ten years, where good fried chicken was everywhere!

Dry_Sheepherder_2399 t1_ix9gqye wrote

Nice! Edited my previous. It’s BoneYard not Head like said yesterday. Down South—) Publix, Guthries and Royal Farms at least headed south in the Baltimore area. They don’t do Fried Chicken here but Fry it 24 hours a day there!

Triggify t1_ix0sr29 wrote

Smokey Bones is pretty nice for BBQ in general, just kinda pricey tbh

imuniqueaf t1_ix1k4e3 wrote

I ate there tonight. If I had to describe it, I would call it Chili's of BBQ. Good all around, but nothing special.

dickieb81 t1_ix167uk wrote

Not the same thing, but Lucky Dog in North Smithfield has the best buffalo wings I have come across. The place is boujie busy and kinda pricy but those wings were unreal. I mean all the food is really good there and you can tell they take pride in what they do.

Breakfast-Willing t1_ix1uy3y wrote

Wings Over on in Providence is good.

Fetacheesed t1_ix5x79i wrote

This is a franchise from western mass but they're still pretty damn good

MadLove1348 t1_ix2yjrk wrote

Bapsang Korean fried chicken wings in NK

andrewjking1 t1_ix37m1k wrote

The Abbey in providence is great, incredible sauces and burgers are awesome too

slipperysuarez t1_iwzvtrs wrote

Are they permanently closed? Sad. I was hoping they opened back up at some point but it has been awhile.

Michelin_Man OP t1_iwzw4ma wrote

Same, yeah I was keeping an eye out once I saw they were temporarily closed due to chicken prices. But just saw it was permanent recently. Makes sense though, it was a long time closed to bounce back from

ekj0926 t1_ix2a4vl wrote

The one in Fall River is definitely permanently closed. Drove by today, saying I missed Boneheads too, and the building they rented is for sale. I think the rent got raised, so boneheads left, now the building is up for sale.

BobJacobs2022 t1_ix0g2af wrote

PJs in Cranston and believe it or not....Hooters. Food is much better since reopening.

_CaesarAugustus_ t1_ix0sntb wrote

I don’t know where you live, but in Westerly Haversham Tavern good wings, great sauces, and do all you can eat during any NFL game.

jamesflowman t1_ix0vlpj wrote

Experiencing this struggle too… Dr duffs & mews have good wings

Impossible_Dingo29 t1_ix16xbx wrote

Main st pub in Coventry has been my boneheads replacement

Nomadhero_ t1_ix1m8t7 wrote

Boneheads closed? Aw man :((

shortys7777 t1_ix1mnub wrote

Laura's bar and grill have always been solid for me. Not over cooked. Good sauce. Good heat

jimb575 t1_ix1puha wrote

Bangin’ Wings in Johnston is your go to place. Same style as Boneheads. Trust me on this!

WetNetBet t1_ix253ud wrote

B.b.q chicken on thayer duh

Fetacheesed t1_ix5x05h wrote

The Pub at 2 mile corner in Middletown is the best I've had on the island. Thai Peanut is my favorite flavor they have.

leavingthecold t1_ix6dp7m wrote

Popeyes ( not the wings ) Crown or Kennedy Fried Chicken ( wings ok ) Dave's Market for fried chicken.

Maleficent_Weird8613 t1_ix2940p wrote

I like the wings at The Abbey and Ebisu in Providence. Super sketchy areas but we've never had bad wings there.