Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

resorcinarene t1_j9pr1ie wrote

There's no way this mope does this in a healthy relationship between two equal partners. Dude is either an unemployed simp with nothing else to do or spinning fantasy for the karma from naive teenagers passing as adults. Dude's response does not represent reality lol

−30

woodycodeblue t1_j9psb97 wrote

Or simply exaggerating, as people are wont to do. /shrug

Coincidentally, I behave similarly. If my wife says she's hungry, I generally offer to get something for her even if it's a bit out of my way. (In practice, of course, real life responsibilities may make it infeasible at any particular time)

tillytubeworm t1_j9qmfq6 wrote

Equivocating saying someone would do something to someone actually doing something is just a fallacy.

In a healthy relationship people could very easily be willing to do something like this, maybe not all the time, but willing to. Also in a healthy relationship this would not be a reasonable ask, and therefore wouldn’t be an ask from someone who equally would want the betterment of someone willing to do that, meaning that although the will is there, this probably wouldn’t happen except on rare occasions that it’s reasonable and unasked as a fun little surprise.

Try not to be so negative about things man.

Quiet-Shallot3290 t1_j9racgk wrote

Yeah. I mean I have good friends who would take a bullet for me. I'm a good friend because I would never ask them to, and vice versa.

I think really did a great job of explaining this.

Quiet-Shallot3290 t1_j9r9q6l wrote

And someone who walks around calling other people a "simp" isn't a teenager passing as an adult?

resorcinarene t1_j9re1lk wrote

Simp is the gen-z term. We used to call it pussy whipped - same concept.

−2

Quiet-Shallot3290 t1_j9rfe70 wrote

Ah yes. I forgot about that other incredibly emotionally mature statement. I know when I want advice on a healthy relationship I sure want to ask the guy who calls people "pussy-whipped".

resorcinarene t1_j9rg0ts wrote

What do you have against urban slang to describe uneven burden-sharing in a relationship?

Quiet-Shallot3290 t1_j9rihex wrote

Oh whatever. It is never used in that manner. It is used on guys who are doing things with their partner that their partner enjoys. Things that wouldn't be seen as a overly masculine thing to do. Because men apparently have to be the alpha and tell their woman to stay in their place or whatever. I guess spending quality time with your partner doing things that they enjoy sometimes makes you a pussy and subservient little bitch.

Now let's say your bullshit statement were true. The guy is in a relationship where he isn't treated as an equal, and made to be subservient. You're now just being abusive as well. You're doing the same exact thing as their partner by talking down to them and breaking them down in an attempt to do what you say.

So if you're really defending this type of stupid ass, toxic, childish language then maybe you should take a real long hard look at the kind of person you are.

resorcinarene t1_j9rk98n wrote

So if one partner in the relationship says they're hungry, the other is supposed to jump up and travel 2-hours to feed them? What kind of low self-esteem worthless sap doesn't see the problem with that? lol

I don't know your personal situation, but if The above sounds like familiar of behavior, I hate to tell you this but you're being abused. Ignore the language for a second focus on the actual behavior being described. It's unhealthy.

I admit that the words are crass, but It doesn't change the fact that the behavior above involves one person being taken advantage of. You don't have to defend it if that describes you. Take inventory of your value and say no, maybe lol

−1

Quiet-Shallot3290 t1_j9rrbxx wrote

Someone already explained this above better than I am willing to. We can explain it to you numerous times but we can't understand it for you.

Also you've never had a pregnant wife.

resorcinarene t1_j9s0cii wrote

I see it perfectly clear. Make sure to get extra food for Sancho