Submitted by Hot_Mushroom_5825 t3_yuf50v in StamfordCT

New management at Summer house (took over in the summer) has been so bad. There’s been several mess-ups over the past few months. To top it off, they just sent out an email that included names and apartment numbers of some residents (clearly meant to be internal). Also, gym and common areas are closed ( you need to continue to pay fees use LA fitness and some coworking space that is miles away). Just warning anyone looking to move in there. Google reviews are good but they are old.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ruthless_apricot t1_iwbvt18 wrote

We should make a list of all the crappy management companies for people to avoid in Stamford. BLT who developed Harbor Point have a horrible reputation, as does the Residences on Bedford management.

I'm currently renting from MarLo Associates who own a lot of Bedford St and they have been absolutely excellent, would recommend them.

Edit: I made a thread for this if you want to add your review :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/StamfordCT/comments/yvar6m/stamford_apartment_management_company_reviews/

marbar8 t1_iwcbvw1 wrote

BLT is a fucking piece of shit. Horrible quality construction and even worse management. I could write a book on how disastrous my experience was during the year I was there.

Some of the people who work there are nice, such as the front desk staff and maintenance, but the management/leasing office is atrocious. I hate that they have such a massive presence in Stamford...

gbeckwith t1_iwco4rx wrote

+1 for MarLo. When I lived in one of the buildings they were great. Super down to earth and reasonable, very responsive when you have any issues.

marbar8 t1_iwcbmjo wrote

Glad we dodged it. We had been considering Summer House when we moved during the summer, but got some... off vibes from it.

scout-and-harold t1_iwce64j wrote

we are considering them, what are some of the mess-ups that have occurred?

Hot_Mushroom_5825 OP t1_iwcgp3h wrote

They have lost personal documents, not answered emails, made it clear it’s not their job to resolve quality of life issues. Garage door, back door and shuttle to the train often broken. Took away tons of parking spaces so a lot harder to find a spot and even harder if you don’t want your car to be covered in pigeon shit. No hand sanitizer in the lobby. Big parties in common area that security has no idea about. The email that went out yesterday even seemed to give the name of someone possibly getting evicted. There was no apology in the correction email. Increased rent a lot with no notice that we would be losing access to amenity spaces for the foreseeable future. We need to continue to pay amenity fees with no opt -out option. A big perk of the building is everything being right there but the alternatives are not close. The old management was top notch but the new people in the office lack experience and customer service skills.

Hot_Mushroom_5825 OP t1_iwcgzwu wrote

adding, once you are a tenant they stop answering emails in a timely manner. Could be two days, two weeks, two months, or never.

Hot_Mushroom_5825 OP t1_iwchdek wrote

sorry i keep thinking of stuff. They used to have a transportation tracker in the lobby that showed train and bus times. They stopped paying the bill and a message that said as much appeared on the screen. It has been replaced with a screen saver even though we were told months ago that the transportation tracker would be back. Lots of little things that have added up to a lack of trust.

scout-and-harold t1_iwcjbg8 wrote

we were told they have parking in target because their parking lot is full… does anyone actually use that?

Hot_Mushroom_5825 OP t1_iwcjqxl wrote

Yes we had to until a spot opened up. It’s a pain in the ass. You need to walk up stairs if you leave or get home before target is opened. It didn’t feel safe to me. Also, target has requirements about where you are allowed to park (only on certain floors and all the way in the back)

jennner1026 t1_iwgxshk wrote

I do and it is annoying but I came from the city where I’d have to walk blocks to find my car so it’s still better

jennner1026 t1_iwgx70x wrote

I just moved in a few weeks ago so I don’t have the full picture yet, but so far everything has been wonderful here, minus the renovations. The staff has been super accommodating, everything is clean and the maintenance people have been great - they even mounted my tv and hung a mirror for me. The renovations are unfortunate but they havent been disruptive if you don’t really use the gym and I only hope the outcome will be positive and useful!!

I did see the email that went out stating tenant names and as a head of HR I was pretty appalled and cringed but assumed it was a one time thing.

I am going to keep my eyes open and keep on top of them for any issues that come up but so far I’ve liked living here a lot and everyone is really friendly.

Hot_Mushroom_5825 OP t1_iwh7efi wrote

I’m glad your experience has been good so far and I hope that it stays that way! It was probably helpful that you knew what you were getting into with renovations before signing your lease. For me having everything on site was a must and we weren’t told that we would go months without this being the case. maitaince manager is excellent ( he’s part of the employees left from the old management) but twice when he was off duty i had to beg someone to fix a faulty fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. someone came late morning and fixed it only for it to go off again the next night. finally after 2 sleepless nights the manager fixed it for good. unfortunately i was not surprised by the email mess-up based on other unprofessional behavior i’ve seen from them.