Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

olivesquirrel t1_iz9mdf2 wrote

Just got an email from WPI Police: The Worcester Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred at approximately 8:30AM this morning at the Honeyfarms on Highland Street. A suspect is in custody and there is no threat to the WPI community at this time. Please avoid the area as there is an ongoing investigation causing major traffic delays and detours.

bartnd t1_iz9q5ab wrote

geez; wonder if it was a one off or somehow related to the shooting near Institute Park (which I haven't seen anything about since the thread)

InnerRoll9882 t1_iz9vkgh wrote

That was a suicide.

bemest t1_izc3wvq wrote

No it was an altercation resulting in a shooting. WPD has posted some details.

InnerRoll9882 t1_izc4ht9 wrote

This morning was but the other shooting on Park (by Institute Park) was a suicide

WinstonGreyCat t1_izabcu5 wrote

Someone was shot and killed at Honeyfarms.

Pvt_Wierzbowski t1_izbh751 wrote

If I die at Honey Farms, then I want the last thing I hear to be their delightful commercial jingle.

Plenty-Resort t1_izbj9fp wrote

I used to work with the guy that allegedly shot the victim and I can say that I am 100% not surprised. He’s exactly the type of person that should not be allowed to own firearms. Ugh so sad.

bemest t1_izc45b2 wrote

He apparently had a concealed carry permit.

Greyb00k t1_izdb0sw wrote

You really think so? I never got that vibe from him.

Plenty-Resort t1_izeufqr wrote

He was very easily volatile and had no deescalation skills (which are very important while working in security at a busy hospital). Saw him act violently unprovoked on a patient and then he denied it. He had the tendency to make things worse and not better when dealing with threats. All I’m saying is the first words out of my mouth when I saw the news were “I totally saw this coming” and I’m not the only one.

−1

TrickyCell6458 t1_izafjap wrote

I heard a veteran shot somebody who cut him off. Idk if the guy is okay or not

cowboyfromhell77 t1_izcurhp wrote

these so called hero’s come home to roost, they’re everywhere. next time people should think twice before being so pro war.

−2