Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bartnd t1_j3251de wrote

What's a NY deli style chicken cutlet sub?

I used to love the chicken cutlet sub at Atlas though haven't gone since they got a new owner.

MXC-GuyLedouche t1_j326drz wrote

Napoli in Shrewsbury next to white city. Don't know of it's exactly what you want but they actually make the cutlets themself and they're good.

DGBD t1_j32kp9a wrote

Regatta does one but I cannot vouch for how good it is. They tend to be a bit overrated but maybe worth a shot?

NeitherFlight2238 t1_j32ygnc wrote

Nicks deli, in Marlboro. Thin, handmade fried cutlets with a touch of seasoned breadcrumbs in the batter.

MARetro t1_j33dmh8 wrote

RIGHT!? Some places giving you a whole, non-pounded out chicken breast. WTF is that?

IDK, growing up in Brooklyn and having worked for one of the most famous BK pizzerias in the 90s taught me things... Mostly that I wouldn't find good Italian American as easily as I did in Brooklyn lol

thedecentshepherd t1_j33kx1k wrote

They close for two months, it's kind of nice for their employees to get a break (or get another job elsewhere). Also it's nice after their busy Christmas catering season. Definitely give them a try again

jp_jellyroll t1_j35638t wrote

Nah, OP is looking for that East Coast Deli / bodega style like you get in NYC, Jersey, Philly -- fresh thinly sliced cutlets dipped in egg and seasoned Italian breadcrumbs, fried to golden perfection. Simple but amazing.

Not a lot of places around here do chicken cutlets like that for whatever reason. They use pre-breaded frozen chicken tenders, or they cut the chicken breast way too thick, or they use a fried-chicken-type batter instead of simply egg & breadcrumbs, etc.

jp_jellyroll t1_j35q3pw wrote

Yeah, I really can't think of something like that in Worcester proper. Lots of stuff outside the city. I'll try the places other people have recommended.

Lola's is excellent. The Pizza Peddler (right down the street from Lola's) also does a pretty good plain NY-style cutlet and gives off the deli vibes. My office was in that area, lots of good eatin' around there!