Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_j1pqd2m wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* Stories at least 100 words. Poems, 30 but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* See Reality Fiction and Simple Prompts for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Aftel43 t1_j1q5k4k wrote

I don't know whether she knew I love fencing and I was practicing home, thankfully alone... I can not dispatch these foes especially the ones with magic but, I can tutor the melees what comes on danger of sharp objects, because modern day fencing is absolutely nuts in terms of it's depth, tricks, tools, approaches and escapes.

I quickly sting lethal wound on first two who came at me, first one came at me with too wide stance and weapon attack arc to knock my weapon away, quick feint, step forward and sting into the throat left this one absolutely flabbergasted and second one immediately came at me as I was pulling my weapon out. Quick pivot of my body to left and back off.

This one seems to be observing me, I need to finish this quick, so I employ a weak lunge to try to suss out his defensive and it bought it but, I stole it back by capitalizing on his weapon's moving away from center too much and quickly parry then deep stab wound into gut, who knows what these things bleed. It isn't pretty that is all I will say.

I go to my girlfriend who has been keeping enemy magicians busy. She smiles warmly and wide as came to her side 'I was alone... Be thankful of that' I say 'Geared up and ready to go too it seems' she says and began to hide her enjoyment of the situation 'Geared up? I mean, at least the bare minimal' I say sounding somewhat worried.

'Oh come on, a guy like you ought to...' she managed to say before we both had to dodge incoming projectiles and take cover 'Maybe later?' I ask from my own 'Later' she says with some worry in her voice as that honestly was a bit too close even for her liking 'Get out?' I ask as this situation is not good as I take a peek and immediately see another projectile.

It hit my cover and didn't break it but, enemies have ranged advantage 'Yes, this way' she says becoming a bit sober of the situation I think. We start running and soon appear in my home's basement, her clothing are absolutely gorgeous. We both give ourselves time to breath and I take off the helmet. Gelia had turned towards me but, before she could say anything.

I give her a kiss on her lips which made her first very surprised but, she gives me another kiss and we hug each other keeping lips locked for at least ten seconds. Once we stopped the kiss, she looks into my eyes with wide smile telling of her enjoyment and mischievous side. Her clothing transforms to her normal ones and we just share this moment with each other.

'I guess we are done dating finally' Gelia says and giggles 'We are, with one condition' I say smiling warmly to her and throwing the blade in a safe way towards a weapon rack. 'Let me guess, no more close calls?' Gelia asks and sets her head against my chest. She can clearly hear my heartbeat. I set my own head lightly on her hairs.

'Yes' I say and quickly start carrying her which made her yelp in humorous (at least in my opinion) and surprised manner. She wasn't so amused by it as she pouted for a moment as I carry her up from my basement but, then just accepts it. I give indication that I am going to stop carrying her and she stands on her own again. We are in kitchen of my house.

I am guessing she secretly enjoyed that. An office working, who secretly does visit a gym and love for fencing that I have a saber in my home. 'Nice moves, awful looking helmet and suit though' she says 'I haven't trained wearing any armor and I have a feeling it is useless there where we were' I say.

'They are, will you one day teach me to what you did?' Gelia asks 'I will when you ask' say 'Tell me Sam, how do you feel about me?' Gelia asks and I reply with a kiss on her cheek 'I love you' I say and smile warmly, Gelia looks slightly relieved and smiles warmly back to me 'I love you' Gelia says as we hug again. Something grumbles somewhat loudly. It is her stomach.

'I haven't eaten for a while. Can we make something to eat?' Gelia asks little bit embarrassed but, relieved as I just smile and hum in humored manner 'Let's get to it then, love' I say 'I prefer if you use my name, my love, Sam' Gelia says 'As you wish Gelia' I say and we start setting up to make something to eat.

SirS3NP41 t1_j1sd94y wrote

"Hey beloved, what's up?"

"Gonna need you to duck."

That was all the warning I'd received as... something crashed through the wall of my office, scattering dust, debris, and all of the paperwork that I'd painstakingly sorted through everywhere. I stared blankly, blinking twice as I tried to process the scene before me. Immediately I was filled with a deep sense of loss, seeing all of my hard work go to waste in a single moment, but as whatever had been thrown through the wall started to pull itself from the wreckage, I knew there were bigger things to worry about. "Did you do that?" I asked and the woman on the other end of the call chuckled.

"He did it to himself. I told him not to try the laser beam thing, but he did."

"Laser beam thing? What are you-"

"Luciel!" The now dust covered villain roared, his expression full of rage and malice as he marched toward the hole he'd been sent through.

"Handle that for me, won't you love? I'm nearly out of power.

"I doubt it." I growled and hung up, standing and loosening my tie with a frown. "Oi! Laserface!" I called out to the villain just as he was about to climb through the hole. He turned his attention to me and frowned, pointing a finger at me.

"YOU!" He shouted, apparently forgetting Luci for a moment to turn his wrath on me. "I still owe you from last time."

"You remember me? I'm touched." I say, grabbing the broken leg of what had once been a pretty comfortable chair and giving it a few test swings. "Then you know what comes next."

"Yeah, you-" He barely got a word in before I launched the chair leg directly at his face, catching him right in visor and cracking it, rendering his laser thing useless. He let out a cry and brought hands up to his face. "Neither of you fight fair!"

"You sound like a crybaby." I said with a sigh. "Maybe villainy isn't your thing man. You want a job?"

sane-writing t1_j1ukbnz wrote

It was a regular day for me. I just left the cinema where I watched a movie with my new boyfriend. He was an office worker, with some martial arts skills he learned during school. One of his hobbies was muscle training, so he was pretty strong, skilled and pretty much perfect for the role of my sidekick. We wanted to go to a café next, but then we heard screams. He knew just as well as I did that I had work to do, so we started running. I don't even know why, but since he knew my secret hero identity, he always followed me to the battle. I was glad for it. More than once he kept some henchmen busy while I fought the boss, Recently I found the thrill of playing the Damsel in distress. You know, playing weak for a moment, letting him be the hero who saves me in the last minute before I can focus again and finish the actual fight. And our celebrations afterwards, usually in my flat, are always a pleasure, if you catch my drift. But this day was supposed to be different.

We arrived at the battlefield. A man was using some kind of telekinetic powers to attack a bank, the security guards were flying around, and he already tried to escape with the money. I caught a few guards with pillows of compressed air - that's my thing, I can shape and move air however I like - and built a wall of pressure to stop him. A car was suddenly thrown through the air, hitting a building to my right. It was far too heavy to be stopped by my power, but it didn't hit anybody directly. A few fragments from the building started to fall down, threatening to hit a woman, but my boyfriend jumped over, pushed her aside and managed to dodge the rock himself. I should have paid more attention because I didn't see what was happening in front of me before it was too late. Another car was flying towards me, like literally to my position. My first instinct was to stop it with air pressure. But just like the last one, it was too heavy, my ability didn't even slow it down. Of course, I thought that's it, I was about to lose. Then I saw a movement in the corner of my eye, my boyfriend rushing towards me.

I had closed my eyes, expecting the pain. Instead, the noise of crushing metal surrounded me. I hesitated, but managed to open my eyes to a scene I couldn't have imagined. In front of me was my boyfriend. But he was hovering a few feet above the ground, the car bent around his back. It looked like it hit him, but he was stronger.

"K… Kyle?" I asked in surprise.

He winked at me and said: "I guess the cat's out of the bag now."

Then his clothes changed, as if they were fluid. His casual jeans and shirt became something familiar, yet different. A black and gray version of a suit I knew from history books, with an emblem on his chest that nobody dared to wear for the last twenty years: A flaming rock with a trail of smoke and flames. The rock was gray, just like the original, but this version featured blue flames instead of the original, orange ones. Despite the color variations and the missing cape, it was obvious that he attempted to resemble the costume of Meteor.

With a casual gesture, he shook the car off his back. Then he slowly turned around to face the villain, who started to laugh. "Are you stupid or brave to wear that icon? With as young as you are, were you even born when the Meteor died?"

"I was four years old when he got killed", my boyfriend answered. That sentence hit me like a hammer. He once told me that his father died when he was four.

"And you think you're powerful enough to earn that icon?"

"Let me see. You're using gravitational forces, aren't you?" He spread his arms in different directions, pointing at multiple car wrecks and rocks broken from the walls. "With that, you can counter gravity…" The objects he pointed at suddenly started to hover. "You can enhance gravity…" One of the cars fell to the ground, with such force that it was pushed together, like in a scrap press. "And of course, you can redirect it…" The remaining parts he kept in the air suddenly accelerated towards the villain, who barely managed to dodge them before they crushed through my wall of pressure. Kyle, almost bored, continued his speech. "That ability might become useful, thanks for that. And to answer your question. I'm not just powerful. I'm Power!"

Faster than anything else I've ever seen, he jetted forward towards the villain. For most people, it might have looked like teleportation, and I was only able to follow it because my power allowed me to feel the air movement he caused. I needed a moment to understand what happened: His fist pierced through the villain's armor, hit his belly and knocked him out right away.

A woman stepped beside me and helped me back onto my feet. I didn't even notice that I fell down on my knees. When I looked up, I recognized my boyfriends mother right away. "After all these years", she started to speak while looking at him, "he finally chose to reveal himself. I'm so proud right now." Then she turned to me. "And that's thanks to you. Dinner at 8. It's time to really welcome you to the family", she said, smiling, before a black fog covered her, and she disappeared.

Accidentally, I created a whole Family of Superheroes. Want to know more? Meet the Morrison-Family and their friends and read about up's and down's in their life. You'll find this story on that index too, I call it "his new Girlfriend".

I hope you enjoyed reading it :-)

Mr_PizzaCat OP t1_j1uqwzy wrote

Really good stuff. Sorry I took so long to thank you properly for making my brain fart a reality. I was very surprised to get any response. Thanks again and keep it up.

xlXlGingerlXlx t1_j1uumss wrote

As always I love the material you write and come up with. You really know how to paint a picture with your words. I loved the surprise twist on the boyfriends identity. As I started recognizing certain key aspects I was hoping there was a connection.