Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Few_Argument4663 t1_j1x5nn2 wrote

Good for you - in Miami Beach that would have maxed out and cashed out in a moment. Boston does have some good people.

UsernameTaken93456 t1_j1x78o8 wrote

Don't fuckin tell anyone

r0bdawg11 t1_j1xlucl wrote

I’m down in south fl visiting family and holy hell are the people here terrible

DrJay617 t1_j1z1nct wrote

Could you elaborate on why the people in South Florida are terrible? I was born and raised there, and I basically agree, but I’m always interested in hearing other people’s reasons for this conclusion.

r0bdawg11 t1_j1zilkh wrote

So I grew up in boynton beach for 25ish years and I thought a lot of the actions here were normal. But I’ve also been able to watch common decency degrade over the years. But the easiest way for me to describe it is people are selfish, self centered, and more focused peacocking how much money they have than acknowledging anybody else. I get cut off on roads here more than driving in Boston, cars will often accelerate when they see you trying to walk across the road instead of slow down, things like that. Also, the aromatic attack of pot, cheap perfume, flavored vape pens, and body lotion when entering most stores causes me to start sneezing. It appears as though most are old angry people, or young angry people trying to show off.

From having grown up here I know the usual “locals” are quite laid back with beach fires, relaxed, and more friendly. But I feel like locals are far and few between compared to the monstrosities flooding the streets. (Old man rant over) lol.

DrJay617 t1_j24b7mw wrote

I feel ya. Peacocking is a good way to put it. I find people in Boston to be more well rounded as well, when compared to people in South Florida. The people up here are just more interesting overall, IMO.

Few_Argument4663 t1_j2798th wrote

In South Florida, which I live in Miami Beach now. I’m much happier my thought is people from Florida don’t have the education or there is more of a feeling of open desperation over quiet desperation.

Tpk08210 t1_j1wi4vb wrote

Merry Christmas 🎁

LogisticBlues t1_j1wlwyi wrote

Give it to the MBTA if you can. A small percentage of Boston uses this place.

nycrina305 t1_j1wyae0 wrote

Yea turn it in to the honorable employees at the t, im sure theyll find its rightful owner

Birdinanest t1_j1yrof3 wrote

Years ago I went to the lost and found for the green line. Was relieved to find out they had the camera my husband left on the train. I was a bit surprised to find out someone turned it in and mentioned it to the employee. He mentioned they sometimes get wallets with large sums of cash.

Bald_Sasquach t1_j1zv1qt wrote

I actually left my wallet on a bus a month ago and got it back within 24 hours from the Sullivan station bus garage lost and found! Just asked someone working at the station for the phone number and they called me to pick it up the next morning. The $40 in cash was gone though :/

SpindriftRascal t1_j1wlvyz wrote

If you’re interested in pursuing this, one way to ID person might be through the Charlie Card. You’d have to make an official report of the finding, which state law requires anyway. Perhaps go to the MBTA Police.

Plsmock t1_j20g5pu wrote

I have a good story. About a year ago, one hot summer day, my daughter was walking around newbury st and found a wallet. It was someone's whole life, ID, cash, cards. Some of the cash was dollars and some was euros. She called the police info number and the person who answered listened to her for a short while said thanks for letting us know, and hung up on her. So my daughter thought she'd drop it off at a police station. she googled the nearest station and it was at govt center. She figured she'd walk there. 30 minutes later she was at the govt center station, hot, tired and annoyed that she had even started the project. Once inside, there was a waiting line to get to the window. Near the front of the line, she noticed a young woman crying and speaking french to her companion. The woman's companion was facing my daughter. She held up the wallet and waved it at him. He turned the crying woman around and showed her my daughter at the back of the line waving a wallet. From what my daughter said it was a TV moment. The woman's relief and gratitude made my daughter's day. Good story right?

kauisbdvfs t1_j1xrfdr wrote

Like others said, I would return it ton the MBTA. That's the first place I'd be calling to find out if they got it... they have a phone number with pretty decent customer service. Don't give it to just anyone, find an official office of some kind.

chrisvee0521 t1_j1wzne6 wrote

If the Charlie card is registered from the Charlie Card store it’ll have someones name linked to it. I lost my old one that had $20 on it. Went to the store at Downtown crossing and they were able to issue me a new one with $20 on it. My name was linked to it.

CrossroadsConundrum t1_j1z593b wrote

If this were a CSI show then the wallet would be super specialized with only 3 sold in the entire world and you could just call those three people and find the owner! Alas, since this is not CSI, I wish you luck.

dontbeapile t1_j1z6woi wrote

35 dollars and a six pack to my name

coppermouthed t1_j1yhfs7 wrote

I would give it to the MBTA. If you’re hoping for a cash reward you could take out a percentage from the cash before doing so. Before anyone gets upset/downvotes, this is common practice in some countries to reward 10% of money lost to the person who found it.

−2

[deleted] OP t1_j1x9is6 wrote

[deleted]

−16

timmyotc t1_j1xjqyh wrote

It's not theirs to pay it forward. They should simply hand it to the MBTA; anyone looking for their wallet will ask the MBTA if it was found and give their contact information.

Life0fRiley t1_j1wil4k wrote

Is it ~400 dollars and a target recipe?

−60

UsernameTaken93456 t1_j1wj17k wrote

Nope. Please don't guess.

I'm trying to do an actual good thing here

riski_click t1_j1ws5ro wrote

The good thing to do would be to turn it in to the MBTA. I'll bet you dollars to donuts whomever lost it does not hang out in this subreddit.

Life0fRiley t1_j1wxkds wrote

Yea this is truly the best solution. The quicker you get it to the MBTA or authorities, the sooner it gets processed. So when the person finally checks in, they may connect the two. Holding onto to wait for Reddit only increases the chance of a miss connection when the owner checks once and gives up.

UsernameTaken93456 t1_j1x7e5j wrote

The Charlie Card is a pay as you go, not registered to anyone.

riski_click t1_j1x8nyf wrote

If they have a "MyCharlie" account, it's registered to them, that's the whole point. It doesn't change the appearance of the card.

Regardless, when someone loses something on the T, they usually call the MBTA as soon as they notice it's missing, they don't go to r/boston to see if someone picked up a wallet full of cash and brought it home with them. If the owner calls the MBTA now to say they lost their wallet, the MBTA isn't going to have it.