Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6sh5jq wrote

The Gaze!

RUN KIDDO RUUUUUUN

Another horror illustration inspired by stuff I've been reading and researching lately and some subjective experience from childhood hahhhhhh, good ol times

Also, tried to play bit more with broken/twisted perspective and will for sure try to push it even more in some of future works :D

Done traditionally with graphite on paper! For more art you can find me at https://www.instagram.com/ogipavkovicart/

HaloOfTheSun t1_j6swehs wrote

Absolutely tremendous art. I love the skewed perspective!

cmmosher t1_j6sy1yv wrote

Are the bedsheets supposed to have a skull face in the polka dots and fringe.

BIG_KEITH69 t1_j6tiwr5 wrote

Lil bro must be tripping ain't no one watching his ass

marionristov111 t1_j6tqpqr wrote

what I hate (love) about this is that there isn't a very faded spooky face in the darkness

silentwhim t1_j6u5el7 wrote

I like this. The darkness in the doorway is doing that thing that real darkness does, where it shifts and jumps and almost takes the form of a scary thing, but neeeever quite does it.

crazysouthie t1_j6umkuv wrote

This is sooooo good! Particularly the dark has so much texture. This is the kind of image I would love to frame.

Scattymc2johns t1_j6v4r4z wrote

If you look close enough you can see harambe in the darkness

Jackal209 t1_j6v8055 wrote

Gives me "A Portrait of God" vibes. Love it.

LineChef t1_j6vajtq wrote

That little boy has the side profile of a 37 year old programmer.

CxFusion3mp t1_j6vkl2q wrote

I made like 4 different monster faces to random patterns in the darkness within seconds. I love this and what it did to my mind.

HonorableAssassins t1_j6vl65g wrote

Only constructive criticism i can offer is if the cat is scared it should be standing sideways to present a larger form to the doorway - as it stands, (pun) thats more of a scared dog's posture so it stood out instantly as off to me. But, maybe thats the point- cat is so ungodly scared it didnt even bother turning sideface.

Otherwise, its fucking sick dude, amazing detail, love the skewed perspective.

Hobbitual_Psychick t1_j6vra4x wrote

Love the cat standing between the kid and the monster in the door, reminds me of my very loyal kitty.

rudeawakening01 t1_j6vzxan wrote

We can't see it, but the cat can. A cat doesn't go to that pose for no reason.

Lost_Way7698 t1_j6wcou0 wrote

I love this, the way the mind starts to try and fill in the darkness

Friendly-Scarecrow t1_j6wqp6t wrote

Anyone else see a spooky gingerbread man chained to a wall in the darkness?

JakeMac96 t1_j6x4luw wrote

i swear cats can see things that we can’t, mine is always staring at the ceiling.

jdbrizzi91 t1_j6x71cc wrote

This picture reminded me of when I was a child. I had reoccurring nightmares of a woman in all black, floating down my hallway. Idk if I was experiencing sleep paralysis or what, but I felt awake and frozen in bed.

After several months of this happening, I had a dream that I went to her hut (I think she was a witch?) and destroyed a glass ball in the center of the room. I never saw her floating down my hallway after that. The mind is weird. Anyway, great picture! Definitely going to check out your Instagram!

nlikelyReaction t1_j6xg28w wrote

I like how one could say oh there's nothing there but yet the cat is in a pre defensive stance indicating SOMETHING IS THERE so you can't brush it off entirely. Animals never lie when it comes to that type of stuff. Awesome ass work OP!

inkiwitch t1_j6zdayu wrote

Dude, you illustrated the darkness PERFECTLY.

My brain is searching for a face so hard that I start to hallucinate one just a bit. The longer I stare, the more I see the tiny glowing eyes of a massive evil teddy bear in the closet

SonderEber t1_j704c09 wrote

I dig this! Very eerie.

Reminds me of Skinamarink.

ToastedNPosted t1_j70dy6d wrote

I see the silhouette of a bear/monkey/mouse. I must be trippin

ConkreetMonkey t1_j713na8 wrote

I came here to say, my thinking something was there made my brain start finding shapes in the hatching, and I thought there was a hidden silhouette I could just barely make out a rough, lumpy outline of. Really interesting effect.

UDPviper t1_j8e7j3m wrote

I love your art style. It reminds me of people like Edward Gorey. If you wouldn't mind, would you check out the art in Maze by Christopher Manson? It looks a lot like yours and evokes a sense of discomfort and dread that is just fascinating. I'm always amazed at art that can get people to feel things like that.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j8h4na1 wrote

>Christopher Manson

Hey thank you so much for such an amazing feedback!! Im really glad it left such an positive effect on you :)
Also thanks for recommending that artist, ive just checked him out, and his stuff is really powerful..