Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VividDimension5364 t1_j29bzwp wrote

Say thanks, he won't be around for ever.

Cody9119111 t1_j2a60n9 wrote

Can confirm, mine just passed away at 67

GimmickMusik1 t1_j2afcam wrote

Fuck, this just hit me. Hard for some reason. I need to make a phone call.

ianbhenderson73 t1_j2ce80c wrote

I hope you made that phone call. If you did, I hope you and he spent hours talking on the phone about precisely nothing. I miss my dad and have had a lot of moments in the last 16 years where I’ve wanted to pick up the phone to tell him about shit that’s happening in my life or about new things his youngest grandchild is doing and I can’t.

WOOFOVICH t1_j2al0r1 wrote

Yup, mine passed at 39 right before my 16th birthday

kingler225 t1_j2alppu wrote

Can confirm too, mine died last summer. Same age. Was a though Christmas. Next year will be better.

ianbhenderson73 t1_j2cdwqp wrote

Mine died 16 years ago. The first Christmas after he passed was hell. Dad not being around for Christmas wasn’t odd - he was in the merchant navy so it wasn’t unusual for him to be away for Christmas. But knowing that he wasn’t coming back was hell.

I want to tell you it gets better, and I can tell you that it does, but it takes a lot longer than it feels like it should.

kram1973 t1_j2bjuki wrote

I’m sorry man, it hurts and sucks so much. My dad passed when I was 8yo, and he was only 46yo. This was a looong time ago so the pain has passed long ago, and it will for you too, it just takes time.

Isamouseasitspins t1_j2bm0th wrote

I lost mine when I was 6. Watched Christmas Story Christmas and the end was a gutshot for me.

zippy_08318 t1_j2c0cdr wrote

This is the ONLY correct answer

It was a thoughtful gift, the only response is Thank you.

Moment_37 t1_j29fcjb wrote

Say thanks, he did it because he wanted to please you.

SupOrSalad t1_j29oxru wrote

It's the thought that counts.

On the plus side, now you can game like professional esports players and use IEMs underneath

Hangged OP t1_j29vssy wrote

Reason i went IEMs in the first place cause of the heat headphones produces. My ears sweat like hell

kingkhan0440 t1_j2aatum wrote

Yea but if you got a lot of gunk in your ear then it’s not a good option

afonso_yan_2044 t1_j2aih3q wrote

maybe try open-back headphones, idk if that makes a lot of difference

Yamamotokaderate t1_j2awfb9 wrote

It makes a lot of difference for heat, plus spatialisation is better. Also very nice for music.

attlo996 t1_j29ls0d wrote

He's sweet, I would just keep them as a memory on a shelf and show them proud.

Hangged OP t1_j27sxsh wrote

Let's just say I'm thankful 😭

Hangged OP t1_j29w5b4 wrote

To everyone saying I should say thanks yes I did, i was very touched by this gift as my dad rarely gives gift thats related to computer as he doesn't like me playing games but he buys me a headphones anyways haha luv my dad

Hangged OP t1_j29wzdn wrote

On the plus side i get 25% fps uplift cause of the RGB.

Wipedout89 t1_j2a2mfv wrote

Say thankyou and you love them.

My dad died of cancer two years ago and every time I think back to a time I was ungrateful when he was trying to be thoughtful, I feel actual pain

TableBaboon t1_j2bn2i1 wrote

Dang that sounds really painful. My family thought my dad had cancer but thankfully it was just an inflammation of the stomach. Your comment almost became a reality for me and I'm glad it didn't, but it must be painful to remember all the times you were ungrateful... Hope your doing better bro

ststairz t1_j29hss9 wrote

Say thank you

UncleSnipeDaddy t1_j29jpp9 wrote

Did he get you a sweet amp/ dac to power those bad boys as well?

pkelly500 t1_j2a4t76 wrote

Try "thank you."

It's the thought that counts, dude. Not every kid has a dad who is around or gives a shit about him or her.

Mungkelel t1_j2a00ho wrote

Crinacle tiktok video are these a rebrande of the „15€ Bugha“ Headphones? If yes you shall be in audio heaven

daseofspades t1_j2a786t wrote

Thanks Dad, what are your favourite songs, let's listen together.

namesdevil3000 t1_j2a8kt7 wrote

Say thanks. Use it when he is around. Then shove it in a closet when he isn’t there. When people buy me shirts that’s what I do

BionicSammich t1_j2a8tj1 wrote

Enjoy them. I love going back to my old headphones for a quick song or two. Makes me appreciate my better ones even more.

Metalicc t1_j2ahfa3 wrote

„Thanks Dad. I love you.“

JediMaS10 t1_j2av604 wrote

Just thank him and be happy that he took care about you

Vezix_YT t1_j2aaxg2 wrote

Say thanks, your dad may not know about your hobby but he cares enough about you that he knows what your hobby is.

dadu1234 t1_j2ag4uo wrote

say thank you

killakam33 t1_j2ah1p4 wrote

Tell him you appreciate it. Use them as beaters.

DreamDropDistancia t1_j2akbrx wrote

That looks sick, actually.

A lot of "say thanks" going on, but if "he won't be around forever", and you don't actually want the headset (personally, I'd still try it out and keep it around for playing on Xbox or whatever) then it would be infinitely better if you said, "Thanks, but there's actually a different headphone that I wanted - could you return this one and help me start a savings account? We could both get nice headphones, and you could show me some albums you used to be into, have a sort of listening party."

Effective-Evening-29 t1_j2almrt wrote

Just be thankful. Think of it this way. You can always put those on and listen for a while. Then switch to another pair of cans and hear the WOW factor of how different or cleaner something else could sound. Maybe they are ok to use anyhow.

HalNightshade t1_j2asv7y wrote

Uh, say thank you? Being an audiophile doesn’t preclude showing gratitude.

OutlandishnessOk8261 t1_j2axaqa wrote

It was a gift, so thank you works. Also, keep it as a backup in case one of your other pairs goes kaput or you have a young niece or nephew getting into gaming.

Tave_112 t1_j2aywlf wrote

Like many have said, thanks. But also if you wanna avoid having him get you another pair of headphones ever again, say you'll take care of them so that they can last you a long time. It'll make him happy and also think you don't need another pair anytime soon.

Ticonderogue t1_j2b2odc wrote

The thought that counts, as they say.

My dad's not the healthiest and getting on up there, and I worry about him a lot. We do wish lists in my fam for Christmas and bdays, so generally you receive something you asked for. I'm pretty specific lol Title, features, UPC, where to find it, and maybe even price.

Maybe they're as awful as they look lol, but some day, if not already, you'll be thinking about this headset going, My dad gave good gifts!

StanKukin t1_j2b3469 wrote

When I was a little snot my dad bought me sennheiser hd555 and an iriver ifp790. I didn’t appreciate those things at the time, only finding reasons to complain and wishing for more and better. It took me well over 2 decades to realize that man is responsible for my love for music and audio. Im not saying these cans have good audio, they probably don’t, but it’s the thought and care that really matters. That man cares enough to buy you a specific gift. Appreciate your old man.

NYCrucial t1_j2b7jyv wrote

How do these sound ?

Sev_Obzen t1_j2b9k8d wrote

Nothing/thanks or if you think they would be at all amenable to the information say, I'd rather just be given the money you spent if you're going to put this little thought and effort into buying me something specific.

InFortunaWeLust t1_j2a5pzx wrote

You can just wear them everywhere to show him how much you love him.

ExcitingDrink2139 t1_j2agtve wrote

Say thanks I guess? Or maybe its equivalent in your language? That brand isn't actually bad a friend of mine been rocking a headset of the same brand for the last 3 4 years and it's been serving him well

Flat-Analyst-6478 t1_j2axhif wrote

You say thanks. He clearly doesn’t understand your hobby but he’s trying his best. Be thankful he cares. Be kind, he won’t be around forever.

DatBoiZz t1_j2bdmyo wrote

Say Thank you. Then after 1 week when he forgot about the gift, throw it away. Or what I would do is put it on display in my room (preferably in a nice boogie glass case).

NoFacedGuy t1_j2blv4v wrote

At least you have a dad man 😒

robinoprime t1_j2bmp72 wrote

Say thank you. My father never got me anything.

If you really don't like it. Make it disappear quietly. if he ever asks about it. Say it broke and you weren't able to fix it

mjlee-tech t1_j2bmvck wrote

Say thanks, dad. The last thing my dad bought me before he died was a bottle of alcohol two years ago (2020) during the pandemic. He died of a heart attack at 65 years old. I still have the bottle unopened.

Timequake-Droid t1_j2caqwf wrote

It's a thoughtful gift. My dad died when I was 14. You should treasure it.

mqtpqt t1_j2cg4ci wrote

"thank you"

zelig10 t1_j2b3bj3 wrote

tell him to return it and buy a high quality Sennheiser HD 800S + DAC/AMP

No-Context5479 t1_j29uciy wrote

Just say thank you and then scream into your pillow 🥴🤣🤣🤣

−2