Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dizzy_De_De t1_j98lf3z wrote

West of 495 is much more politically conservative until you hit the Berkshires, which is a long commute to Cambridge.

Have you excluded North of Boston communities like Wenham, South Hamilton, & West Newbury?

Dilly_Carrot t1_j9a5zgl wrote

I feel like there are spots of less conservative towns like Amherst, south hadley, Northampton, and Easthampton as well before you hit the Berkshires.

Dizzy_De_De t1_j9codg1 wrote

Sure, there are always exceptions. None of those communities are on their list - so have probably been excluded for other reasons - like a hellish commute or living on an island deep in a sea of red.

TheTr7nity t1_j98t1ey wrote

Politically conservative but a lot more affordable

Dizzy_De_De t1_j99ak7o wrote

They have a $1 Million dollar budget, are working in Cambridge and are self described liberals. They have the resources to choose a community based on things other than affordability.

heklakatla t1_j9a2r69 wrote

And there is a chance they might have to start commuting to Cambridge again. OP doesn't say it but the employment pendulum could be swinging back towards employers.

nkdeck07 t1_j9arshb wrote

>West of 495 is much more politically conservative until you hit the Berkshire

Someone should tell Northhampton/Amherst etc. It's LGBT mecca. I'm a stay a home mom and meet more lesbian couples out here than I did in Boston.