Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UnlededFloyd t1_jdf974j wrote

Billerica and surrounding towns are fine. Lowell would be only one I would not recommend. Not much to do in any Middlesex County town. But Burlington is close, Boston only 20 minutes away. Billerica and all surrounding towns have same housing problems. Should be a lot of apartments to choose from. But you will 100% need roommates to make it work.

−3

Patsfan5757 t1_jdf9qel wrote

As someone who grew up in Middlesex County there is plenty to do(in some areas that is).

UnlededFloyd t1_jdfadng wrote

What go to Market Basket or Papa Gino’s? No offense to either because I like both. For a college kid there’s not a whole lot of night life. Of course there’s things to do but not like in a city.

−2

Patsfan5757 t1_jdfb710 wrote

I managed just fine while I was in college(Framingham area) there are plenty of bars along Rt 9 (Golden Triangle)and it was only about a 20 minute drive via the pike into Boston if we wanted to go clubbing. About the same via Rte 9 if we wanted to hit up Worcester too.

tool22482 t1_jdfgs7t wrote

Woburn might be a decent option… a bit more in terms of nightlife/bars than the rest of Middlesex County and more affordable, in addition to a quick commuter rail ride to Boston.

Burlington is super overpriced and most areas seem pretty boring. Also no public transportation whatsoever.

Cheap_Coffee t1_jdi5pxq wrote

Lowell's fine. More to the point, it's gentrifying. It's also on commuter rail so it offers easy (if time-limited) access to Boston.